PDA

View Full Version : P2 V70 Stereo Removal?

Kiowan
Friday 27th October 2006, 23:02
I'm no doubt blind, but how do you go about removing the stereo unit in the V70 2000 onward? There doesn't appear to be any removal holes and i don't want to go prying without knowing what i'm doing, plan to fit a Double DIN unit as soon as I source a fascia adaptor and wiring harness.

Also along similar lines, does anyone know where I could route a couple of wires/thin cables through the front bulkhead from the engine bay, had a look and the thing looks like fort knox, short of drilling through it (no thanks) doesn't seem to be any space or any removable grommets.

jim
Saturday 28th October 2006, 09:41
if its like mine you do it from the bottom up;all the centre dash panels can be removed by unclipping the pen holder at the bottom of the dash in front of the gear lever, undoing the torx screws behind then the ac/climate control (whatever you have) unit can be undone, bolts are behind it. same with cupholder. Make sure you have a torx driver.
________
Health Shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

BrightonBreezy
Saturday 28th October 2006, 10:32
And don't be tempted to unplug the cables connecting AC panel so you can move it out of the way.
It's also the controller for the airbag system and will throw all sorts of error codes if you unplug it, even with the ignition off.