PDA

View Full Version : how do you change the auto gear selector bulb ? and light swith in driver door lock

rabskyline
Friday 27th October 2006, 21:56
as above. need to change the switch in the drivers door lock as it doesnt work and the two lights(on the door itself and the under steering wherel console) have been removed as when you shut the door they stay on as does the interior light. and also got a bulb for the auto box selector as you cant see what gear you select in the dark. anyone done these items ? the console seems very tricky and i dont want to break anything !

Storm-Troll
Saturday 28th October 2006, 00:23
email VikingT5, Rich will be able to help you wiv how to do it,, you will find him in the member List under V for Viking

Baj
Saturday 28th October 2006, 18:09
Interior lights stay on until you start car.

To get to the auto bulb on my P1 V70; undo 2 bolts under cover in armrest cubbybox. Gently lift centre console (2 clips at the bottom front where it joins the dash centre panel sides) then there is just a bulb holder underneath, drivers side.

kimbaleeg
Sunday 29th October 2006, 12:59
as baj says for auto but the door lock i think its part ov the lock not sure though

rabskyline
Sunday 29th October 2006, 17:58
the courtesy light is missing from the door but i cant even hear the switch clicking in the lock. the light is staying on after engine starts. unless turned off manually.

rabskyline
Monday 30th October 2006, 17:05
put the courtesy light back in and if yo ushut the door lightly then it stays on but be a bit firmer and it goes out. hence a dicky door switch. need to get a new one.