PDA

View Full Version : Washer spray Jets S70

paullus
Friday 27th October 2006, 18:48
:confused: Hello
After reading the posts regarding replacement washer jets from the two jet heads to the more effective spray system I ordered two from Volvo.
I quoted part number 30655606 and they arrived and I tried unsuccessfully to fit them tonight. They simple won't fit into the hole of my S70 bonnet short of belting them in with a hammer.
On the original jets the spigot where the rubber hose fits is straight, they basically look like mushrooms. The ones I got from Volvo have the inlet spigot angled at 90 degrees. Even if I could fit them into the hole the end of the spigot would be inside the second skin of the bonnet instead of poking down. There is a pair for sale on Ebay and they look exactly like the original jets. Have I received the wrong parts?
Cheers,
Paullus

t5 stealth
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:23
cant you use a longer hose so you can coil a short peice into the double skin so it will work that way,

paullus
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:26
Hi
That might be possible If I could fit the jet into the hole in the bonnet. The originals just click in and out. The new ones simply won't go in even with a dab of grease on them.
Cheers

t5 stealth
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:32
wen i fitted those jets to my 850 i had to file of a bit of the jet to make them fit in the hole without damageing the bonnet or paint,
what about another option,
can you fit them below the bonnet,at the back & just leave the original ones in the existing place,then wen you use the washers the spray will come out a diffrent place,
or the other option is a few other manfacturers hav those washer jets now,
maybe another make will fit will less modification,
i think nissan & renault use that type now aswell as others,

jslewis5998
Monday 30th October 2006, 08:32
cant you use a longer hose so you can coil a short peice into the double skin so it will work that way,
~Hi,

When I changed mine on my V70, they went straight in with no problems.

I did the same on the S40 and had to gently file the body of the jet down enough for it to locate properley in the bonnet.

Maybe you were supplied the wrong jets?

paullus
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:25
I got the jets swapped today. The part number of the replacements is 30655605 These are apparently fitted to the V40.
Anyway I flipped the old ones out and simply popped the new ones in without any effort whatsover. I can confirm they are a lot better than the originals.
Cheers.

muscas
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:34
I got the jets swapped today. The part number of the replacements is 30655605 These are apparently fitted to the V40.
Anyway I flipped the old ones out and simply popped the new ones in without any effort whatsover. I can confirm they are a lot better than the originals.
Cheers.

These are the ones that will fit without any hassle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-window-washer-jets-850-S70-V70-C70-perhaps-S40V40_W0QQitemZ200041766452QQihZ010QQcategoryZ104 32QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200041766452

Patrick