PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Sond?

simon940
Friday 27th October 2006, 16:42
Hi can anyone please tell me what lambda sond means,because it has a badge on the front grill of my 940est. is this the AMG tuners of volvo!?!?:B_steerin

youngteam
Friday 27th October 2006, 16:44
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor#Automotive_applications

simon940
Friday 27th October 2006, 16:51
Thanks very helpfull.

LeeT5
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 15:03
Good link for a how it works and what is it....but i wanna know what it means? Is Lamda sond a name, or is it swedish for something?? Is it named after someone called Fred Lambda sond smith?? Anyone??

pookie
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 22:57
Lambda sond in Swedish literally means lambda probe.

Pookie

LeeT5
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:00
OK, so whats Lambda mean?

pookie
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:10
Sorry, I now know where you're coming from. I don't know whether or not there was a Mr or Mrs Lambda who invented the lambda sensor. Any way I guess they will remain as unrecognised as Mr or Mrs Hall.

Pookie

pookie
Thursday 9th November 2006, 01:39
P.S.
Done a bit of Googling. Lambda comes from the greek letter lambda which is used by by engineers to describe the volume of oxygen in the exhaust gasses.

HTH
Pookie

pikeajm
Thursday 9th November 2006, 02:05
basicly the ecu reads the lamda probes outputs and adjusts the fueling of the engine to keep the correct fuel to air ratio set by the manufactures spesifications on 0 to part throttle but when when you floor it the ecu ignores the lamda and throws all the petrol it can into the engine to give you that grin factor.
basicly volvo were one of the first car makers to fit cats and lamda sensors in thir cars so it basicly advertises the fact that that car is equiped with a lamda sensor and cat and did you know that volvo invented the catalitic converter

LeeT5
Thursday 9th November 2006, 02:40
P.S.
Done a bit of Googling. Lambda comes from the greek letter lambda which is used by by engineers to describe the volume of oxygen in the exhaust gasses.

HTH
Pookie

ah hah!! :anmflower . THX:wink: