PDA

View Full Version : Window Regulator fitting

bubba_1986
Friday 27th October 2006, 16:36
Hey guys,

Some of you might know that my window not been working for a while now.

Wobbly kindly sold me a regualtor motor. Went to fit on tuesday to find out that one of the runners for wire was snapped. So got on phone to wobbly and he sent me out the frame.

Problem i have is that i have no experince of doing something like this on a volvo, and basically i want to get it done on sunday ( cant go any longer with no door card )

So would any of the scottish members be willing to help me with it, pwweeeaasssee :biggrin:

Cheers in advance :)

bubba_1986
Saturday 28th October 2006, 00:26
anyone ?:(

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 28th October 2006, 00:54
I cant be there in person but I hope this will assist...
I would advise you to remove the current frame/reg from the door (it may be easier to remove the central locking motor/catch b4 hand??

Sadly the frame I sent is without glass. You'll have to swap it over. Take some photos before hand so that you have a comparison.

As you might see - the wires run in an X shape between the pulleys... (this is the nearside one....

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 28th October 2006, 00:57
The leading edge has a runner on it that has an adjustable clamping point on the wire. The point where I unbolted it originally has been marked for you. You will need to install and adjust accordingly.

Dont forget to push back the retaining points on the frame that ensure that the wire cannot slip off the runners accidentally.

I hope this helps. I really would like to come and help but it is a bit of a hike.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 28th October 2006, 01:33
It's a bit of a fight to get them in, but they can really only go in one way....

Dacvolvo
Saturday 28th October 2006, 01:50
Hi, Bubba

Wish I'd done a "how to" on this now...

Basically, strip the entire door, lift the glass window and attached frame out and then replace with the new frame.

It's dead simple, but will probably take you around 4 hours with the amount of bolts you have to work your way through.

Here's a piccy of the drivers window and frame. You can see the two silver squares that bolt the glass to the frame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Dacvolvo/C70/mini-C70window.jpg

And when I say strip - I mean strip. Here's a piccy of how the door looked when I removed the window and wire frame:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/7e/18/b3_1.JPG

As you can see, pretty much everything is removed - speakers, switches, sound proofing, handle, etc...

bubba_1986
Saturday 28th October 2006, 10:50
Cheers for the replys, some great pictures :biggrin:

will let you all know how i get on when attempt on sunday

cheers again