PDA

View Full Version : Springs & that 'wedge look'

Niles
Thursday 26th October 2006, 19:34
ok, as mentioned before in suspension questions......Volvo estates have a bit of a 'wedge' look, ie, the back sits up a little, even if lowering springs are used my car still looks a little wedgy. Question is, how do I 'de-wedge' it? Seems the back end needs to come down more than the front, lower it further? My springs are already -40mm, cant get -60mm can you?

HOW HOW HOW? (I dont want to have to carry 3 bags of cement in the boot to do the job)

pzorb
Thursday 26th October 2006, 19:59
put normal springs on the front? Mine's far lower in the back than the front, maybe that's a reverse wedgie.

FK do a 60mm front / 40mm rear, but i've never seen > 40mm for the rears mentioned anywhere. If it really bothers you get coilovers, I heard don@kalmar union are doing a full set of adjustables for under 800 atm...

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th October 2006, 00:38
The eibach prokit i've had fitted has nicely leveled (and dropped) my car.

d.tribe
Friday 27th October 2006, 02:06
I fitted a set of -40mm spax springs to my 850 and it lowered the back by 20mm and raised the front by 15mm. Took them back to the shop i brought them from and got my money back. I fitted a set of eibachs as recomended by russ at RT. Should have took his advice in the first place as they give a good all round ride height and aren't bright yellow so look standardish.