PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator pedal stiff

jonj
Thursday 26th October 2006, 19:02
Hello now I have my car back I can start to put some of the other little bits right.

It is a V70 on a 98 plate. I have disconnected the cable from the front and it seems to move ok. The sprung connection on the throttle body moves freely. When you press the pedal there is a stiff rubbing noise.

I found there was a plastic rod connected to the pedal so I disconnected that andtheproblem is still there?

Could this be the cable? Do they often become stiff?

fraz13
Thursday 26th October 2006, 19:08
I had the same problem and just sprayed loads of WD40 down the cable and all over the twisty bit on the throttle body, Job done, feels 100% better

Tomcat
Thursday 26th October 2006, 20:07
Just replace the cable, I had the same problem on mine when I first got it and it was a fairly cheap fix(even from the dealer!).

pzorb
Thursday 26th October 2006, 20:09
So the cable becomes harder to spool?

jonj
Thursday 26th October 2006, 20:16
Just replace the cable, I had the same problem on mine when I first got it and it was a fairly cheap fix(even from the dealer!).

Okay thank you I will order one tomorrow I think. It looks fairly to fit would that be correct?

jonj
Thursday 26th October 2006, 20:17
I had the same problem and just sprayed loads of WD40 down the cable and all over the twisty bit on the throttle body, Job done, feels 100% better

Thats what I though. I can't seem to get the WD40 to go down the cable though. I'll order a new one.

Thank you

Tomcat
Thursday 26th October 2006, 22:07
Okay thank you I will order one tomorrow I think. It looks fairly to fit would that be correct?

Yeah its only a ten minute job, and you'll probably see that if was anything like mine WD wouldnt have help'd much.

Baj
Friday 27th October 2006, 01:07
Sometimes cables can start to fray. Will play havok with its sliding properties

jonj
Friday 27th October 2006, 08:54
£23.60 +vat from Main Dealer