PDA

View Full Version : V70 lights not working

MrP
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:39
the wifes just been out in out '98 v70 and got pulled by the police :(

apparently none of the lights at the front of the car are working, the side lights seem to (although i have a bulb out) but when you turn the main lights on everything goes off (dash lights and front lights)

the rear lights seem to work no matter what

any ideas??

dicky b t5
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:15
Hello MrP.
Mate, I've got a funny feeling this might be a re-call problem, might be worth
giving your local dealer a ring to find out.

I'm sure i've read somewhere this is a known fault that can happen.

All....Has anyone got the list of Re-calls handy...?? DB.

MrP
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:18
hmmm, that mighgt explain it, if i push the switch in when i turn it to bring the main lights on, the dahs lights do come back on again, but as soon as i let go they go off again.

anyway i can remove the switch and check it?

dicky b t5
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:25
Mrp, its easy to take the switch out, how you would check it i dont know.
Might be worth getting hold of a second hand one, Or if someone on here lives near you maybe you could try theirs..?

Check this place for the re-calls....just found it....lol

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

Hope this helps. Dick.:)

dicky b t5
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:31
Just looked at the VOSA site....Its on there !...Visit Volvo Time...LOL

:anmflower And it wont cost a penny.....Nice.

Vikingxl
Thursday 26th October 2006, 01:11
The switches are crap and the little tabs that hold the switch together break,then because the spring inside is so powerful it pushes the switch apart.Pull the switch out of the dash and have a look mate.I know a few people this has happened to.If it is the swich they arent too badly priced or you can try fixing it.If you are near Birmingham let me know and i will have a look at it for you

MrP
Thursday 26th October 2006, 09:10
Thanks for the offer viking.

i got the switch out last nite and it does look like thats the problem. i have already rung volvo this morning and i'm waiting for them to ring me back about it.

unfortunatly i'm in sunderland, so i cant take up your kind offer, so it'llhave tobe a new one. as i am off to france in a weeks time i would rather have a brandnew one for the peice of mind.