PDA

View Full Version : Outrunning an umarked T5 traffic car.

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:31
The car chase Police Camera Action won't show you, a car out running an unmarked T5 volvo

Right Click>Save Target As (http://www.urbanracing.net/misc/copchase.asf)

GregE102
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:18
They never catch me anyway!!

He he he.

DavieC
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:20
Bit strange that traffic car was well timed and placed to meet whatever that car was.

Was the traffic car slowing down anticipating a stinger in the road ahead?

Was that traffic cops mucking about, how many cars have you seen where they have cameras front and back like that, you don't just steal a car and it has out of convienence cameras like that.

If the chase was real, in all likelyhood, whowever driving would have probably been caught, (DNA, Fingerprints, witnesses) later on!

Jocksuper7
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:21
What you recon it was? sounded like a deep kinda tuned Jap? may be a Liner or a scooby, looked like it had better cornering capabilitys

mmmmm i wonder

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:52
lol. sweet,,,,, what they didnt tell you was, the Chopper was overhead..lol....................:troutslap

Jaseb77
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:53
not convinced, looks a bit setup, for the camera.

the in-car footage should be wobbling about, unless its mounted, like cop car have,

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:55
lol.. it could be a cop car chasin a cop car,,, who knows,,, lol...

siamblue
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:58
Probably a Evo, or very similar, those things fly,

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:01
am i right in thinkin the Evo 7 was not very quick as I had a play against one on way home from work today and I spanked him, ??? I was suprised, as I thought they were meant to be quicker than us???

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:07
am i right in thinkin the Evo 7 was not very quick as I had a play against one on way home from work today and I spanked him, ??? I was suprised, as I thought they were meant to be quicker than us???

He wasnt trying or he was running with 2 plug leads off!!!!

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:18
thats what i thought,, I thought all the evo's ere able to spank the volvo,, maybe he was sleep drivin, or as he only looked 17,,, might have been daddys car, and granny was in the back....lol

arbee
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:24
that aint no police car, no alternating headlights, no roof lights - just someone with some blue strobes in their grill! a wee bit rehearsed but good fun!

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 26th October 2006, 01:40
mmmm....that looked familier..... but is was on a dual carriageway and it was a dark blue Vectra....he caught up eventually......:sorry:

Rnash2002
Thursday 26th October 2006, 17:16
thats what i thought,, I thought all the evo's ere able to spank the volvo,, maybe he was sleep drivin, or as he only looked 17,,, might have been daddys car, and granny was in the back....lol
Could have been the fq260 bottem of the range evo,but then again evo's are not that quick because of the transmision lose with 4wd,very quick of the line and round the corners but on the straight from a rolling start there not quick at all.

V70Man
Thursday 26th October 2006, 18:50
Could have been the fq260 bottem of the range evo,but then again evo's are not that quick because of the transmision lose with 4wd,very quick of the line and round the corners but on the straight from a rolling start there not quick at all.

Not sure about the 260s, you could be right.

The rest of them are certainly quick. I appreciate the transmission loss but I've been in a few and they fly even in a straight line.

The Flying Banana
Thursday 26th October 2006, 19:05
Not sure about the 260s, you could be right.

The rest of them are certainly quick. I appreciate the transmission loss but I've been in a few and they fly even in a straight line.

I havent been in a slow one yet!!!!!

Dacvolvo
Thursday 26th October 2006, 20:53
A traffic cop posted this on another forum. the traffic car is a fake

Okay.. Just watched the video!

First off.. The car with the blue lights in the grill is NOT a police vehicle.

Unmarked vehicles (yes unmarked T5's are used) are never white.
The give away is the the use of lights..

ALL Police Vehicles have alternating flashing headlights, using the main beam.
The blue lights in the grill.. fair enough, does look legitimate.
There are no lights in front of the drivers/passengers visor.. there usually is. And also, there is a "POLICE STOP" sign that raises from the back

Secondly. From the video, I see no offense being committed. So the stop would have been illegal.

Thirdly, the road that they are on is not ideal for stopping vehicles, therefore a stop wouldn't have been carried out until it was viable. (i.e. more lighting, more road space)

Fourthly, the driving of the supposed 'police vehicle' is appalling. At no point would a police vehicle get that close to the pursuit vehicle. The risk of hard braking, pedestrians, sharp turns etc.. The vehicle would have held back. And at one point in the video, the supposed police vehicle nearly lost it on a bend, and took out another car. No risk like that would ever been have taken.

Finally... that isn't a T5.

This is a T5...

http://www.johngodwin.net/5r6T3ghr0L/20a4s798x32/626cfre34/1068.jpg
http://www.johngodwin.net/5r6T3ghr0L/20a4s798x32/626cfre34/gwilts-volvo-wm02byk-nsr.jpg

The use of blue lights on a vehicle other than designated for emergency purposes, is highly illegal, and if caught, will cause you to lose your license.

So whoever made that video up did it for fun.. there was no actual chase or anything involved.
As for my comments. They are perfectly valid and legitimate, as i drove the T5s, and a pursuit driver.

nurvware
Thursday 26th October 2006, 22:07
Finally... that isn't a T5.

This is a T5...

It's white, it's a volvo and it's got T5 alloys... that isn't a ford sierra!!!

But in my oppinion, againt no wig wag headlights, vbad driving, unmarked and white, the only unmarked white ones you see are x police or police driver training and looks vmuch like a setup.

Storm-Troll
Thursday 26th October 2006, 22:13
lol.. he stole that line from the crocodile dundee film didnt he??. Thats not a knife,,, This is a knife.....lol...

BlackBeast
Thursday 26th October 2006, 22:40
I thought all the evo's ere able to spank the volvo,,

Definately not true!!! Mine was neck and neck with an Evo 3, i very much doubt the evo was standard either (doubt theres a standard evo left these days), i was infront all the way so the only view i got was from the rear view mirror.

Storm-Troll
Thursday 26th October 2006, 22:50
cool, well maybe I did have the upper hand,, but I guess I had ten years on him in age, and experience, so I guess that is also a factor,,

st1t5
Friday 27th October 2006, 06:29
Lol .... as soon as i watched it i knew it was not real, as the guy already mentioned, a trained up traffic police driver would never drive like that, he would never get that close and drive as aggresive as he was doing :cop: .. well, they should'nt anyway.

nurvware
Friday 27th October 2006, 16:19
After a bit of digging, the car is infact a EVO VIII MR FQ 320 in a dark Grey

After heading over to http://www.guerillatench.com and looking at another one of the videos on there "Stu-Pid Ridding" (not far wrong) contains images of fools on bikes and footage of a bike v EVO.

Car is the same as the one in the T5 vid, but this time it is daylight.

You can see the same wiper arm shape and in the T5 vid you can see the spoiler slightly when the volvo gets close.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1245f405-6040-4c1f-bd87-9838004c3540.htm

After_Shock
Friday 27th October 2006, 17:48
Definately fake but good to watch!

Car is a saloon of some sorts, wouldnt have guessed an Evo but if its in another Vid then probs is.

T5SLAVE
Sunday 29th October 2006, 13:59
Yeah cos if it WERE real the next shot would've been of the driver bein chased wrapped round a tree cos he couldn't drive properly when faced with an off camber turn LOL! With the chopper trackin it all from above the more than suitably experienced traffic officer would've strolled up and had 2 pick up the pieces AGAIN!!!

One thing we all seemed 2 have missed about this video tho...is the simple fact that someone really, really felt the need to make it just 2 prove they can outrun a Volvo...ahhhhh sad really innit LMFAO!