PDA

View Full Version : STRUT BRACES for T4's

LeeVTi
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 11:22
i know this has been said loads of times, so ive been and brought a nice genuine volvo strut brace from VT and if your havent got 1 then GO AND BUY 1 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!, as all of a sudden my sloppy old suspention feels like its been nailed to the road, admitedly i will have to change the suspention soon for some nice konis as my standard 1's are shot but GET A STRUT BRACE you will feel the differance!!

Bigpunter
Monday 30th October 2006, 20:44
Would second that, made a huge difference with the standard sunspension although with the Heico springs it doesn't make to much a difference unless your swinging it about - damn expensive too for a aluminium bar! :rolleyes:

mavv
Monday 30th October 2006, 21:08
Thinking about getting front upper brace and rear upper brace...Been told on 's40concepts' that you can get them for £65 from 'strutbracer' on ebay???

mavv
Monday 30th October 2006, 21:15
ebay link
Omp strutbrace
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-OMP-Front-Upper-Strut-Brace-for-VOLVO-S40-V40_W0QQitemZ180036393352QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10432Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

LeeVTi
Monday 30th October 2006, 22:05
u dont want that cheap ****e mavv if you can afford it buy the genuine volvo 1 then you dont have to tell your insurance company either as its an optional extra avalible from the factory ;) expencive but worth the money

mavv
Monday 30th October 2006, 22:48
Always thought 'OMP' had a good reputation for strut braces, quite a few folk on s40concepts got them and they are fine..
Can't see dealer ones being much better, only you are paying way more for being a volvo item???
How much from dealers?

It's only a metal bar when you come down to it really...

LeeVTi
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 11:36
i do have to agree with you about it being only a bar but IMHO you pay more just for the fact it is a standard item, so if you were to have a bump and an insurance assesor was to come and look under the bonnet of your car if he sees a bright red OMP brace he's gonna start nosing around for more stuff, where as he looks and sees a silver volvo 1 with a nice little volvo sticker, part number and made in sweden on it he wont take a second look, well thats my opinion on it, depending on how good your insurance company is anyway

Slomo
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 12:08
I got a Titanium strut brace for my T4 from Volvo Sweden... Worked out about £90 all in... Would reccomend a strut brace for definete

Slomo

Neilly
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 19:20
i do have to agree with you about it being only a bar but IMHO you pay more just for the fact it is a standard item, so if you were to have a bump and an insurance assesor was to come and look under the bonnet of your car if he sees a bright red OMP brace he's gonna start nosing around for more stuff, where as he looks and sees a silver volvo 1 with a nice little volvo sticker, part number and made in sweden on it he wont take a second look, well thats my opinion on it, depending on how good your insurance company is anyway

Why no just paint it silver and get a Volvo badge for the OMP one :) and yeah mavv at the end of the day it is just a metal bar with a couple of flanges welded to it.A think the VT ones were about 160 odd notes.You could easily make one if you have a welder ,some tubing and flanges

mavv
Friday 10th November 2006, 10:39
Think I would personally just get the omp one and then tell insurance company as I doubt price will go up for a brace...you never know though....

Yeah Neilly fresh coat of silver paint and :)