PDA

View Full Version : weird and a bit scary

bonedaddy
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 06:49
on me way to work this morn i had the fan set to 3 and turned to demissed only after about 5 mins what looked like smoke started coming through the windscreen vent and the to vents buy me wing mirrors now it didnt smell of smoke but alot was coming out even more so when i turned the temp control up, any ideas would be greatly appriciated
thanks

thunderace
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 06:53
did it mist up your windows? if so it could be your heater matrix.
have you any water/dampness in the passenger well?

Andrew
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 07:05
<clensed by author>

wootty
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 17:02
as above,if the matrix goes it takes a while too get rid of the misted windows,plus check expansion tank coolant level.

poochingaround
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 17:27
Did You Have The Air Con On Accidently And Then Turn Up Temp .once Made This Mistake With A Merc ,fortunately No Permanent Damage Occurred

bonedaddy
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:07
no air con on as i need to get it gassed,also no wetness in the footwell, it did it again on way back from work, this time i turned fan off and left untill i got home where i turned back on and pumped up the temp but nothing, was thinking maybe excess water from lots of rain laying on heat exchanger, still confused but replys very helpfull, thanks

Geezer
Thursday 26th October 2006, 08:09
Can you smell burning oil...could be a breather pipe has worked loose.

woz
Sunday 29th October 2006, 21:45
i had exactly same symptom - scared me ****less on th eM32 on way to work.
But it wasn't smoke - just water vapour and was in dede the heater matrix - about a £50 part and a couple of hours farting about to fix.
W:>)

bonedaddy
Monday 30th October 2006, 19:48
all sorted now went to garage and had new matrix fitted and a bit o anti freeze not to expensive at least i no should there be a next time.

just like to say thanks to everyone advice very much appreciated

thanks again