PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear review of the C30:

BigShrek
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 13:01
here it is:

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2006/10/stories/03/1.html

LeeVTi
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 19:47
looks like a bostin little car and even get the T5 engine, even if it is the mild Focus ST version of it, looks cool

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 21:43
Soo tempted to get one, must resist smaller engine, smaller turbo, arrrrgghh!

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:08
Mmmmmm, I like it, but has anyone clicked on the photo of the interior view or steerin wheel and dash,,,,, am I goin blind or has Ovlov fixed a tv remote control into the dash where the CD system should be???.. Looks like my Sky Remote???...lol

arbee
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:52
read the review in EVO, they were quite positive tho not so much so on the geartronic. personally i'm not too keen. its a big let down from the concept car i think. half considering a Focus ST tho, just need to convince Mrs arbee!

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:57
the Focus ST are nice,, quick too,,

Andrew
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 23:00
<clensed by author>

arbee
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 23:12
wouldnt mrs andrew prefer one over the Mini? thats what i'm thinking... kids will no doubt be on the cards in the next year ish so the mini 'vert will go. will defo be trying the new cooper S but do quite fancy the ST...

BigShrek
Thursday 26th October 2006, 12:14
arbee, before giving a focus ST a spin, go have a play in one of the 3 Type R civic's when it's released in january. Type R basic model rapid go-kart, Type R GT all the gadgets, aircon, sat nav, bluetooth etc etc, then the Type RR, stripped out, ready to race with 240bhp version.
I drive them daily at work (loverly honda factory in swindon) from the stock area to sampling room and on the test track and i still get a huge "kiddie at christmas " grin when i get to play :D

edit: the auto express review of the type R: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/202831/honda_civic_typer.html

arbee
Friday 27th October 2006, 07:31
I've driven the old 'type s' 5 door and was really impressed with the gear shift and revvy v-tec-ness, to be honest tho, not to keen on the looks of the new one, looks a bit tooo agressive.... would still like to try one!

jdcampbell
Saturday 4th November 2006, 16:14
read the review in EVO, they were quite positive tho not so much so on the geartronic. personally i'm not too keen. its a big let down from the concept car i think. half considering a Focus ST tho, just need to convince Mrs arbee!

I've geartronic on my V70 and I wouldn't bother next time. Manuals in future for me.