PDA

View Full Version : adapter cable

MrP
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 11:59
does anyone know of someone who sells a cable that would convert 2 RCA's to the din socket thats on the back of the volvo head units??

basically i want to plug my pioneer P77MP in, i have the ISO adapter which power it fine.

however i have the SC901 head unit with a seperate amp, so there are no speaker cables going from the ISO, just that din plug which goes to the seperate amp.

so what i want as a tempory measure is a cable with a pair of male RCA's on one else, to a female dun plug on the other so i can connect the pre outs on my pioneer to the amp in the volvo.

anyone know of a cable that does this or do i have to finally admit defeat and get the soldering iron out?

MartinK
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 12:34
I'm gonna need one of these too, at some point. I've seen an article somewhere on how to make one, and I'm pretty sure there's a company in the States that sells them. I haven't bookmarked any of the URLs, though.

The roll-your-own thread might be on swedespeed or VoC. Let me browse a little.....

MartinK
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 12:45
I found this on swedespeed:

HU-803 -> Amp Cable Wiring:

1 - LF Audio
2 - RF Audio
3 - RR Audio
4 - Ground
5 - LR Audio
6 - control signal (on/off)

I guess it'd be the same for the sc901....

MartinK
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 13:04
I'm seeing mentions of a lead from Autoleads, part no. PC3-14

I can't see at the moment whether it's designed to let you replace the head unit or the amp. Will keep searching....

MrP
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 13:05
yeah, i saw that, i was just wondering if someone made one.

down to maplins then i think

bruceybonus
Friday 10th November 2006, 20:47
http://www.caraudiodesign.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/195/products_id/2860

MartinK
Monday 13th November 2006, 15:56
£20 for the cable and £5 for the shipping?

Sod that, I've just ordered the bits from Maplin. ;)

Now I just have to figure out which head unit I want :confused:

bruceybonus
Monday 13th November 2006, 23:20
i'm going to need one... just fitted headunit, but the wiring only uses 4 speakers, but the rest are connected to the amp! I'm currently bypassing the amp, so am going to get one of the din thingys to sort the rest out.. wont be paying that price for it though. youll need 4 rca's for both front and back inputs on the amp

there is a speaker cable block further down the loom, just unplug it and plug into your iso converter... hey presto! sound :)

bruceybonus
Saturday 18th November 2006, 15:17
ok got the bits from maplin...so which pins are what number! stuck now!