PDA

View Full Version : Mods have started allready

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 19:09
Ok as per vimto peppe-R-ami will not have any headlight covers.But does have a strut barce allready fitted and i have orderd a poly top engine mount for my signs (old 1 is worn a little so why not) brakes,cambelt,full service,thermostat and housing,water pump and 2 tyres have all been replaced so got now to do really

Andrew
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 19:14
Empty wallet now then wayne...

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 19:19
Empty wallet now then wayne...
LOL no only £23..50 for the bush,all the other bits were done this year and end of last year,the tyres and brakes were done 2 weeks ago.I added up all the bills i got with the car and the bloke has spent £1750 ish in 18 months ???? i thinks i got a bargain tbh,just need to sort glove box/bonnet and grille

arbee
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 19:50
i thought you were anti-poly-top-mount? once you hear it you know it makes sence! Sounds like a decent enough buy, hope it all works out :)

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 20:22
i thought you were anti-poly-top-mount? once you hear it you know it makes sence! Sounds like a decent enough buy, hope it all works out :)
I am but if i gotta change it why not try the poly one???? it is a bit cheaper than the o.e volvo one aswell

BlackBeast
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 20:45
Anything else planned for it? Or are you keeping it standard?

arbee
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 20:58
I am but if i gotta change it why not try the poly one???? it is a bit cheaper than the o.e volvo one aswell

and supposedly easier to fit than the OE mount. Any ideas how much the firewall end mount is? i need me one of em too! :)

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 21:20
and supposedly easier to fit than the OE mount. Any ideas how much the firewall end mount is? i need me one of em too! :)
not sure mate i got mine off parts for volvo and they do a uprated one on there aswell

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 21:20
Anything else planned for it? Or are you keeping it standard?
Errrrrrrrr not sure tbh might get the volans refurbed and as for the rest i dont know

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 21:30
My bad arbee it was on qbm for the uprated firewall bush

T5ER
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 20:07
right i am thinking of going for the black mesh grille ???? anythoughts on this and has anybody got one fitted,also thinking of upgrading the firewall mount bush for the heavy duty one from QBM unless anybody knows of a poly mount

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:26
feel inspired?

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/rayannaJan2005/front.jpg

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/rayannaJan2005/nsf_withTrees.jpg

Mess grill off the internet/ebay and S40 slash and a R badge stick on

T5ER
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:35
thanks WD looks very tidy does that

arbee
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:37
the qbm firewall one is pretty expensive Wayne, i'm gonna pick up a standard one i reckon, cant be more than £15 or so?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:38
sold/swapped the grill with bison - dunno if he still has it?

T5ER
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:38
LOL i cant remember how much they are now still thinking qbm uprated one maybe better

arbee
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:41
http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_mountfirewall.html

$60 plus all the shipping and duty issues, i reckon a hard mount at both ends of that brace may just be toooo harsh!

arbee
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:42
Blackbeast - i can see you're watching this:) - did you buy any firewall mounts on your group buy?

Tosh
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 22:49
I like the look of that grill Dave! Got me thinking it has...

T5SLAVE
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:04
Blackbeast - i can see you're watching this:) - did you buy any firewall mounts on your group buy?

I ordered one m8...erm I think...it's been so long since I put my order in LOL! I completely hear what ur sayin re the harshness, as I noticed a big difference when the Top mount bush was fitted...the car sounds evil when gettin near the top of 2nd/3rd gear:dgrin: sounds like the engine is IN the cab, also sounds very harsh on start up! Think Im growin 2 really like it that way tho, (havin said that Ive not driven the beast for a couple o months now:( ) so the addition of the firewall'er might make or break...trial n error I guess?

This thread was talkin about grilles (amongst other mods 2 Wayne's machine) I believe, so 4 what it's worth Wayne, I too think Dave's Red machine looked cool with that grille set-up, very tidy! I have an idea 4 altering my grille but as with most things it's takin 4 ever 2 get it outta the blocks...