PDA

View Full Version : help !!!! window wont close ! half shut !!

rabskyline
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 14:53
rear window not closing. now i know these cars are famous for switches but ive changed over the other door switch that is fine and nowt ! it clicks when pressed down but quiet when pulled up ?? any ideas. the motor is a little warm but nothing major. any ideas ?? its a security thing as much as it is weather !!

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 14:57
rear window not closing. now i know these cars are famous for switches but ive changed over the other door switch that is fine and nowt ! it clicks when pressed down but quiet when pulled up ?? any ideas. the motor is a little warm but nothing major. any ideas ?? its a security thing as much as it is weather !!
does sound like the motor???? could even be miss-aligned runners putting to much stress on the motor when trying to go back up

rabskyline
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 14:59
pulling the window wont budge it either way by hand. is there a manual winder hole to get it up ??

T5ER
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 15:22
pulling the window wont budge it either way by hand. is there a manual winder hole to get it up ??
Not sure mate, i dont think there is

rabskyline
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 15:27
totally f***ed off now ! its solid ! so new motor tomorrow ! where can i get one in ayrshire?? or near by ? also need the switch too as it doesnt work properly either but ebay have them ! has anyone done the motor on their car ? is it just the 4 brass torx screws on the motor os it the whole kaboodle that comes off as i dont want to pull the thing apart ! ah well, if it rains, it rains ! f*** it ! are the front motors the same as the rear ??

fraz13
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 15:30
There aint that many members in Scotland never mind Ayrshire, I suggest trawling through local breakers if you want one local.....

You could try Salvo and speak to Mark

http://www.salvogroup.co.uk/salvosite.htm

thunderace
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 16:23
got a couple of motors if you are stuck (sorry) :)

for an 850 don't know if they're the same

bubba_1986
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 16:58
totally f***ed off now ! its solid ! so new motor tomorrow ! where can i get one in ayrshire?? or near by ? also need the switch too as it doesnt work properly either but ebay have them ! has anyone done the motor on their car ? is it just the 4 brass torx screws on the motor os it the whole kaboodle that comes off as i dont want to pull the thing apart ! ah well, if it rains, it rains ! f*** it ! are the front motors the same as the rear ??

There is a scrappy up back of halfords in paisley, they have a 850 saloon breaking.

Now i dont knw if motor would be the same, but if it was then i knw they have one, was in there just other week.

rabskyline
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 21:22
from other ebay pics, they are very different. i think the switch is the culprit....... but wil do the rounds..........

rabskyline
Monday 23rd October 2006, 12:49
spoke to mark at salvo ! top man ! diagnosed and sorted free ! worn contacts on drivers switch. so cleaned them up and hey presto !:thewave: all i need to do now is find the rumble culprit. the stealership want £300 for the ns driveshaft and mark wants.....wait for it !...........£30 ! so will be a cheap fix if thats what the problem is !