PDA

View Full Version : v70 xc rh rumble on l/h bends (feels like a cv joint !)

rabskyline
Saturday 21st October 2006, 21:15
as above but wondered if the cv from other v70 cars were suitable as the stealership wants £300 but the local factor is £56 for the cv itself for the 2wd cars. the stealership said its a full shaft. any ideas where to get one ?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 11:36
if it is just the outer cv joint - I may have a spare that will fit. I also have a complete long half shaft

kimbaleeg
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 12:53
hi mate is this not a wheel bearing as have similar on my s70 but also rumbling going straight at about 35 40 mph

rabskyline
Monday 23rd October 2006, 09:17
quiet as a mouse on the straight but a kinda scuffing noise like a buggered brake pad skiffing the disc. its a cyclic sound but the stealership said its different from the other models? if it isnt and i can change the cv then its £50 new from my local factors !!

rabskyline
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 16:32
found the problem as soon as i jacked up the wheel !:) the inner cv joint is donald ducked ! when you try to turn the wheel there is a loose metal parts sound like bits in a bag. i thought it was the outer but there is no play in that one but put my hand on the inner and moved the wheel and , oh my god its like a bag of bolts ! well atr least it hasnt threw the shaft which could have happened. anyway, new shaft on order !