PDA

View Full Version : RTI T.V Picked up Sky Sports

tangomike24
Saturday 21st October 2006, 20:39
I was driving back from work listening to the tele (BBC Final score) when the BBC reception went all crackly and i got a perfect audio reception of Sky Sports news. Unfortunatly i was not in a positon to stop to chect the visual reception.
The Audi Q7 has free view as standard. Does any know if it is possible to get a FREE VIEW upgrade for a Volvo? I thought that you could not get Digital on a analoge areial.
Any ideas or bods who know about T.V please give any advice you can.

Thank you

cm2k
Monday 23rd October 2006, 11:16
Now thats lucky, as far as I'm aware you can't upgrade them to get freeview, if you find a way please let me know would be very interested!

tangomike24
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 10:24
At 3 this morning on the way back from work i stoped at the same place, again i got the sky sports news audio then when i came to a rest fully the picture was on the screen (was a bad picture though).
Apparently you can get small freeview boxes on ebay that work with small portable TFT screens. I will start searching and come back to you!

tangomike24
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 10:31
That was easy, have a look see if you think it could work in ours Im not sure at this stage

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-mobile-DVB-T-BOX-FOR-free-view-DIGITAL-TV-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ200039268332QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6 7772QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cm2k
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 12:16
That looks good, well found, I wonder if you have to splice any wires to get that installed tho :confused:

Jocksuper7
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 12:18
the signal that you are getting at that location could be the results of an RF sender unit, some one has in their house allowing your normal tuner to pick the signal up

tangomike24
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 19:31
The road runs next to a hotel. Makes sence i suppose!

Jocksuper7
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 19:35
well thats another reason why it is always the same channel. sorry but a unit like the one posted should expand the signal, as far as i can see it works by hijackking one of the terresrial channels and showing the digital tv on that channel and the digita tv is changed on the remoted for the box, i have seen them and they work well.

tangomike24
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 09:59
So, if i had the digi box in the glove box and traced the wire through to the PAL box in the boot, it should work???
I am i correct, or on a diferent planet? (me and technology are like Osama and George)

Jocksuper7
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 13:00
I dont know the exact system you have in your car, but that box needs to be between the ariel and the tuning box that is already there and it should work, but an automotive AV guy that knows your system would prob be able to tell you more

burchi
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 13:16
Hi Guys

This sounds pretty interesting... I would like to do this in mine if I could too..

I wonder how the box would integrate into the Volvo PAL receiver box that's in the boot though... It has no RF or RCA input adapters on it that I can see. Only a pair of copper wires hard wired into it which must be the aerial wires for the current system and I assume you would HAVE to use the aerial that comes with the box? I assume that ones that are integrated into the rear window glass wouldn't cover the required frequencies for digital?

So many questions.. Anyone here got further ideas?

Regards

Ian

tangomike24
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 15:42
If i get the chance i will pop into sextons in Reading tomorrow and see what they have to say. I will keep you all posted.