PDA

View Full Version : After 300+ posts i've finally GOT ONE!

T5 Ben
Saturday 21st October 2006, 11:51
Picked up my new girl last night.2001 Y plate V70 T5.90,000 miles,in white and yes she is ex plod.Drove back from Leeds last night,245 miles and average over 31.5mpg.She has climate control,electric windows,all the bags etc.Drives like a dream and is sssssssoooooooooooooo quick!.She is an ex Manchester plod ARV.Need to get a boot floor,any ideas?Also filled her up but petrol gauge only went up to half tank,again,any ideas.Will post some picks when wifey comes back from work with the camera.Cheers Ben.

dicky b t5
Saturday 21st October 2006, 13:38
Bout time Ben....lol Look forward to seeing it. Congrats mate. DB.:Handshake

Vikingxl
Saturday 21st October 2006, 13:48
Nice one mate look forward to seeing piccys!

arbee
Saturday 21st October 2006, 14:13
excellent mate! pleased for you, hope your happy with it, will have to have a good look over it at the next meet ;) :)

abdul
Saturday 21st October 2006, 14:28
well done

T-5ones
Saturday 21st October 2006, 18:06
Good to hear. You'll have many miles of fun.

filled her up but petrol gauge only went up to half tank,again,any ideas

That happens to me too! LOL. Anything less than £40 only makes the gauge go halfway up. Sorry, seriously I dont know but I'd suspect a stuck float in the tank. Someone will be able to help.

Tim

t5owner
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 03:19
Have a look underneath mate as it could have a second tank fitted as some plods do for motorway patrols as they would look a bit stoooopid calling off a pursuit because they ran out of fuel

Cheers

stuart

T5 Ben
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 09:26
Hi Stuart,i will have a look for it,never heard of that before but makes sense.Off to Halfrauds this morning as the girls want to buy pink things for it!:eek:

Ben.

jdcampbell
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 12:29
Picked up my new girl last night.2001 Y plate V70 T5.90,000 miles,in white and yes she is ex plod.Drove back from Leeds last night,245 miles and average over 31.5mpg.She has climate control,electric windows,all the bags etc.Drives like a dream and is sssssssoooooooooooooo quick!.She is an ex Manchester plod ARV.Need to get a boot floor,any ideas?Also filled her up but petrol gauge only went up to half tank,again,any ideas.Will post some picks when wifey comes back from work with the camera.Cheers Ben.

I have a boot floor - taken out of my car when new when the dealer fit rear seats were installed. So it is effectively brand new. Beige carpet colour.

I have no idea what it is worth - perhaps others on the forum can advise us?

Doug

tangomike24
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 15:39
Nice one mate, you wont look back!!!!

t5owner
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 15:53
Hi Stuart,i will have a look for it,never heard of that before but makes sense.Off to Halfrauds this morning as the girls want to buy pink things for it!:eek:

Ben.

My bad its actually an extended range tank will look similar to a standard tank fitting wise but it should be slightly larger width and length wise to carry the extra fuel

Cheers

stuart

T5 Ben
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:43
I have a boot floor - taken out of my car when new when the dealer fit rear seats were installed. So it is effectively brand new. Beige carpet colour.

I have no idea what it is worth - perhaps others on the forum can advise us?

Doug

Thanks mate but the car has a black interior.Many thanks for thinking of me.:Handshake

Ben.

T5 Ben
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:47
Have a look underneath mate as it could have a second tank fitted as some plods do for motorway patrols as they would look a bit stoooopid calling off a pursuit because they ran out of fuel

Cheers

stuart

Hello Stuart,she developed a petrol leak yesterday morning and is still in the garage,needs a new sender unit and apparently has to come from Sweden.WTF.
Is going to take a few days and the WIFE is not a happy bunny :rant:

Cheers Ben.

poochingaround
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:55
Salvo?

T5 Ben
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 18:58
My mechanic is searching for one and apparently there are two in London.:Handshake

Ben.

poochingaround
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:01
Good luck mate .Buy the wife some flowers!

T5 Ben
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:06
It will take more than flowers mate,She had lots of plans for this week and is now stuck at home during halfterm with 3 kids,D'OH.

Ben.