PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear..............

LeeVTi
Thursday 19th October 2006, 19:16
woke up this morning pulled off my drive and noticed the largest pool of oil you could wish to imagine, so had a little look underneath the best i could couldnt see alot on my knees to be fair, but all look dry?!?! checked dipstick read half way between min and max, so continued my 1mile drive to my mates, had the car parked there all day (12hrs) look under it again before i came home only a couple of drops (no puddle) so drove the 1 mile back again, only thing i did notice this afternoon when i checked it again was oily residue on a part of the body work some kind of brace thing that runs under the engine, only thing that concerns me is that the area with the residue is directly underneath the turbo, but i inspected the turbo and it was completely dry all over, n e one with any ideas?

Neilly
Thursday 19th October 2006, 22:23
Well i've no ideas cause i had the same problem on my 2.0 non-turbo,the oil was dripping off the engine cradle aswell,but miraculously it dissapeared and has,nt done it again since and that was weeks ago :shhh:

Now am sure have heard that there is a engine seal that sometimes leaks on these motor's but can rectify itself,but dunno if it comes and goes all the time.A know sounds weird but a thought that aswell when a heard that.Someone might come along and put us both in the picture hopefully......lol

Or even say am talking:pants: