PDA

View Full Version : even stranger

jimmyc
Thursday 19th October 2006, 18:46
anybody any idea what this is, lock with remote control and the passenger door pin ,pops back up???? does it also with key and when you try the door it is unlocked, any ideas ??:rotfl:

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 19th October 2006, 19:09
Stuck solenoid.!!!! usually... door card off WD40 over everything and work until working...(if it'll work at all) that'll keep you going until you buy a another, cos WD40 attracts dirt so it'll only stop working again...

jdcampbell
Thursday 19th October 2006, 23:36
anybody any idea what this is, lock with remote control and the passenger door pin ,pops back up???? does it also with key and when you try the door it is unlocked, any ideas ??:rotfl:

I found slamming the door a few times often solved the problem. If you leave the car for a while the deadlocks seem to kick in and the door will then actually be locked despite the pin still being up.

Sounds like the previous post regarding the solenoid is the answer though.

Doug

jimmyc
Friday 20th October 2006, 14:45
thanx guys ill try both solutions regards jim

nealer
Friday 20th October 2006, 17:35
I posted the same problem (except mine was driver side door) 'magic door locks'

I tried this (below) last night - and no more pop-up pins .. hope it would work for you.

S60-MBS

Try performing a reset of the UEM (Upper Electronic Module), this controls the door locks and window operation:

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain. This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof and/or erratic door lock function.

in my car i had a similar sounding problem, i found it was stary signals from nearby antenna mast and some wifi..