PDA

View Full Version : Remote fob

blondy
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:33
hi all, my remote control has decided to play me up today, it will unlock the car but will not lock it. the locks operate as normal when using the key (including deadlocks and alarm). i have had the fob apart to clean it inside and even tried pressing the button whilst apart but still no good, i have looked at some other post about this but couldn't find the exact problem. can anyone shed any light on my cars prob?

it's a 95 T5 estate. thanks Paul.

philt6
Thursday 19th October 2006, 17:36
hi all, my remote control has decided to play me up today, it will unlock the car but will not lock it. the locks operate as normal when using the key (including deadlocks and alarm). i have had the fob apart to clean it inside and even tried pressing the button whilst apart but still no good, i have looked at some other post about this but couldn't find the exact problem. can anyone shed any light on my cars prob?

it's a 95 T5 estate. thanks Paul.

I had the same on my T6.
Part of the problem was too many keys on the ring.
Another part was the infrared reciever was FUBARAD had to go to Volvo in the end

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th October 2006, 17:37
replace the battery and reprogram it - (search is your friend)

blondy
Thursday 19th October 2006, 19:21
Thanks for the replies, i have tried to reprogram by switching the ignition 5 times but nothing happened, is this the right way to do it. the fob has the two same size buttons lock and unlock.
Paul