PDA

View Full Version : DE-CAT Pipe

tangomike24
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 17:46
Hi all,
A friend has told me about the difference a de-cat pipe (for the turbo) made to his RS Focus and recons its one of the best power to pound mods to do. Got me thinking if they are available for my S60 T5. Does any one know where to get them or who to talk to?
Any ideas will be gratefully recieved.

LeeVTi
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 17:53
i believe that blueflame can do custom 1's and off the shelf stuff if you own a bentley lotus westfield or tvr!!!! a friend of mine had a 100cell race cat from them for his seat cupra r and it was still legal for mots, maybe worth thinking about http://www.blueflameperformance.com/

tangomike24
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:17
Cheers dude, just to clarify as didnt in my origional post, i am talking about the De-cat exit pipe for the turbo.

Chris

scooby555
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 19:35
not sure if u can run the s60 with no cats sure it plays up was thinking the same thing for my car but looking in to sports cat now

tangomike24
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:29
I am useless with this sort of stuff. If you find a decent race/sports cat at a decent price please let me know. My mate with the RS says my s60 will be mad with a decat and RICA. Here's hoping.

hamish
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 22:20
I am useless with this sort of stuff. If you find a decent race/sports cat at a decent price please let me know. My mate with the RS says my s60 will be mad with a decat and RICA. Here's hoping.

Hi,

The ME7 T5s (like yours) will not thank you for removing the CAT and will very quickly put the car into 'limp home' or 'safe' mode. This means the ecu is setting the ignition and boost in reduced performance ! If you want better performance not ideal !
Far better to use a 3" downpipe and sport cat. Previously these have been rather expensive for the S60 in the U.K. However next week I should have the first run of our custom 'Volvotuning' 3" downpipes with 200cell sports cats. These are exclusive to us and we can sell them to you at a very special price !

P.M. sent.

Regards,
Hamish.

www.volvotuninguk.com

scooby555
Thursday 19th October 2006, 13:33
thats what im watting for the new down pipe u have pm hamish.

tangomike24
Thursday 19th October 2006, 14:32
When you get the down pipe skoob, let me know what its like please.

TM24

hamish
Thursday 19th October 2006, 15:09
thats what im watting for the new down pipe u have pm hamish.
Sorry,
Pm now resent.

Regards,
Hamish.

Serdar-S60T5
Friday 20th October 2006, 11:52
hello,

currently i'm running a 3" downpipe with no cat, which throws the "emission system service required" code on my dash once in a while. i'm quite sure the performance of the car is not reduced when that error code comes up, because from my butt dyno, it doesn't feel reduced at all. i'm boosting as much as i should (around 1.2 bar) and the car pulls just fine like always. also in order to be sure, i've tested it on a dyno with the error code on and off and seen that the power & torque results didn't change at all. so no limp mode or anything like that on my car, yet :)

there are ways to fool that second oxygen sensor, one of which is to pull the sensor half-back out of the pipe so that it's not in the main stream of exhaust gas running through, or extending its cable and displacing the sensor further towards the back of the exhaust and so on. but of course none of these ways are 100% sure and as i said, the annoying code keeps coming up every once in a while... :troutslap

IMHO, one of the best things you'll do for your turbo is a larger downpipe and a race cat (or maybe even no cat).