PDA

View Full Version : maf sensor ??

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 16:10
i need a new maf sensor. had codes read and lambda was another fault will this be the maf sending the lambda out ???
or do i need to replace both???
who is best for buying a maf sensor and who has got them in stock now?
just taken the clocks out to replace a bulb that had blown when i saw there was no bulb in the lambda light hole. put one in and its on.
why the guy i bought it off didnt leave the bulb in mmmmmmm
might have to send him a nice e mail i think.

so where is the best place for a new maf??
not dealer price please please..???

dreadly
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 16:15
i need a new maf sensor. had codes read and lambda was another fault will this be the maf sending the lambda out ???
or do i need to replace both???
who is best for buying a maf sensor and who has got them in stock now?
just taken the clocks out to replace a bulb that had blown when i saw there was no bulb in the lambda light hole. put one in and its on.
why the guy i bought it off didnt leave the bulb in mmmmmmm
might have to send him a nice e mail i think.

so where is the best place for a new maf??
not dealer price please please..???

If it is the type with two Lambda sensors it could also be the CAT :)
Unless you have running issues though, it's likely to be just the Lambda sensor I believe.

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 16:18
what not the maf sensor???
maf sensor was the main fault on the read out then the lambda and 1 more i cant remember.

Niles
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 17:07
check e-bay for a NEW MAF sensor. About 90 squid i think.

burchi
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 17:50
If you are interested, I have a MAF sensor that fits the 850 T5/early V70 cars that I was just about to list on ebay.

It works fine and was bought due to a mis diagnosis on my last car so I have it spare so, this would work out cheaper still than a brand newie!

Let me know if you are interested. I can get the P/N later for you if you want.

Regards

Ian

siamblue
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:11
If you are interested, I have a MAF sensor that fits the 850 T5/early V70 cars that I was just about to list on ebay.

It works fine and was bought due to a mis diagnosis on my last car so I have it spare so, this would work out cheaper still than a brand newie!

Let me know if you are interested. I can get the P/N later for you if you want.

Regards

Ian

and i have a lambda sensor for a S70 t5, that i can send to you if you do need one,

pm me a offer if you need to go down that road, i will get the part number off it later,

Gary.

gazjacko
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:22
Gary
are you sure you haven't got enough to make a whole new Volvo in your 'might come in useful' drawer?
Gaz:biggrin:

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:30
ok thanks where is the part number and what will it start with???
so do you guys think i will be better off changing both the maf and the lambda?
i started it up tonight and it ran for about 30 seconds then cut out so its now sat at my work place so ill take the maf off tomorrow and find the part number. i read it on a web site that the cav or vectra v6 maf are the same??
might be worth looking into any one else seen this site ????
why do people remove the bloody bulbs from the dash gets on my tits could have had this sorted a couple of months back now.
so with me running the car car with a duff maf will it have done the lambda no good??
never mind its all fun
thanks guys.

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:33
sod it ill nip back to work and take it off and ill give you the part number later.
thanks again

Adge
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:35
Gary
are you sure you haven't got enough to make a whole new Volvo in your 'might come in useful' drawer?

I asked him the same question a while ago. Useful chap to know. The more we have like Gary the more the rest of us benefit!

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:37
p/n 0 280 217 107
or 1275749
thanks ian hope yours is the same..

colin

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 22:21
what do vt charge for a new maf????

nobananas
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 22:29
I would fix the first fault on the list as that can cause faults to be shown in other sensors down the line as things stop 'adding up'. Faulty Lambda's rarely cause bad running problems (just emmissions headaches !) but MAF sensors can cause faults running from flat spots, rough running to completely killing the car !

colnotts
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 23:38
thanks for that nobananas . thats what it was just holding back and not running smooth . ill put the new maf on .take it back and clear the codes and check the emmissions why im there just to make sure.
thanks mate

siamblue
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 23:45
Gary

I have time for everyone mate, If i can help out then i will, just i know what it is like to have the T5 let you down, plus it just helps me to move on the last parts of my old S70,
now where is NB i have to get that lower engine out for him £50 ok after you have viewed it obviously,:daisy:

colnotts
Thursday 19th October 2006, 00:03
wish i had looked at the dash lights when i bought it.
i was just happy about gettin a volvo t5 and gettin rid of the bloody mondeo 18 zetec wow.. (sorry to any mondeo drivers) i have still got a mondeo st24 if that makes it any better lol.
sure volvo's are made to test me???
but i will get there i think.

siamblue
Thursday 19th October 2006, 00:20
right found it, 9125372 and 0 258 005 003, if i am not mistaken both the lambda's on the early T5 and R's are the same part except one has a longer lead for the rear hole near to the cat, it is still a 4 wire sensor, so i can post it for you to try if your problem persists after replacing the MAF ;)
I know for a fact that on my 99 R, they have one lambda and one AF sensor,

colnotts
Thursday 19th October 2006, 00:30
ill get the maf tomorrow and touch wood it will be fine.
if not ill let you know and ill be buying the lambda off you
thanks again for your help mate this site is better than going to a garage and getting stiffed.
you got any ideas on where to get a maf from???
euro car parts dont do them do they??
might try the local motor factors they have just staryed doing all sorts of new bits and bobs. worth a try???
one more question have you got a set of wheels pegs would be nice????
give in trying to buy a set

burchi
Thursday 19th October 2006, 09:30
p/n 0 280 217 107
or 1275749
thanks ian hope yours is the same..

colin

Hi Colin

I didn't get in til late last night so, didn't get a chance to check the MAF part no but, I am 99% sure from memory the number above is the right one... I will be home at a reasonable hour tonight and will check for you then.

Regards

Ian

siamblue
Thursday 19th October 2006, 15:32
ill get the maf tomorrow and touch wood it will be fine.
if not ill let you know and ill be buying the lambda off you
thanks again for your help mate this site is better than going to a garage and getting stiffed.
you got any ideas on where to get a maf from???
euro car parts dont do them do they??
might try the local motor factors they have just staryed doing all sorts of new bits and bobs. worth a try???
one more question have you got a set of wheels pegs would be nice????
give in trying to buy a set

Read the above post mate ;)

Us R drivers are a different breed :rotfl:

set of Pegs of ebay mate, £210 yesterday, expect around the £600-£700 mark then the tyres.

I have 2 Dunlop SP9000 with 7mm on them if anyone is interested,

colnotts
Thursday 19th October 2006, 16:52
sorry ian got one today and all is good so far.
thanks anyway.
how much do you want for the one you have got i might have it for a spare let us know and ill buy it off you.
cheers col

burchi
Thursday 19th October 2006, 17:30
Hi Col

PM sent

Ian