PDA

View Full Version : Coolant light

st1t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:18
The coolant light on my dashboard of my C70 T5 (ETM model) has come on, the manual says that for this to happen the coolant level must be low, however the level is correct, the fan is cutting in as normal and she is not over heating ?? ... when i 1st bought the car in May the warning light flickered on several time's then never seen it again till today but this time it anit going out, im thinking maybe a dodgy sensor but just want to see what you all think ??

Thanks ;)

T5ER
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:19
The coolant light on my dashboard of my C70 T5 (ETM model) has come on, the manual says that for this to happen the coolant level must be low, however the level is correct, the fan is cutting in as normal and she is not over heating ?? ... when i 1st bought the car in May the warning light flickered on several time's then never seen it again till today but this time it anit going out, im thinking maybe a dodgy sensor but just want to see what you all think ??

Thanks ;)
deffo sounds like the sensor we have had a couple replaced on cars at work

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:43
As far as I can remember, the warning light doesn't just mean the level is low; it's also the pressure (could be thinking about something else here, so don't quote me). Could try flushing the system? It's possible you've got some trapped air in the system as you say it happened before (way back in May) and has been fine until recently.

I flushed my coolant out last Saturday - dead easy and took all of an hour (that was flushing it, refilling, driving for a mile & then re-flushing & filling again).

;)

st1t5
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 00:24
Cheers lads, but its gone out again lol :) ... i'll get it checked out.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 00:31
I have had the same issue over the last few days. It appears the lateral movement of the expansion tank was creating an intermittant short/misread