PDA

View Full Version : HLM Sign another exclusive deal!

Nathlm
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 17:08
Today Hamish has agreed an exclusive deal with Koni FSD, for us to be the SOLE distributor for all Volvo Koni FSD kits (850, V/S/C 70, and S60). This means we will be stocking these items in large quantities which in turn means a better discount that will be passed down to the customer.

This is great news for HLM/Chip Tuning and even better news for our customers! For more information please phone Hamish or myself on 01527 577710 or visit www.volvotuninguk.com

Nat

Edited to also say that he has cut a deal on some of the Ferodo pads, but not sure of the full details yet!

Andrew
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 17:18
Cracking news - I could do with some of these for my S70 project car.
It's had bilstien struts and springs fitted which don't sit right for me and are not low enough for track use in my opinion.

neevo
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 17:22
Sorry to be so stupid but I thought you were Volvo Tuning, who is HLM?

Also, you rotten sods, my car is costing enough without you playng the devil and tempting me all the time. :(

Nathlm
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 17:31
HLM is the garage and Hamish's sole company (Hamish Lindsay Motorsport) We supply all the parts, servicing and MOTs. He is also in partnership with Adam, in Chip Tuning Ltd who is also know as Volvo Tuning (this is a website name).

Nat

Edited to say that both companies work from the same unit and virtually work as the same company.

neevo
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 17:38
Cheers Nathlm or is that NatHamishLindsayMotorsport? :)

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 18:11
VT is the name that people refer to, which is the combination of Chip Tuning Ltd (the engine performance tuning side) and HLM (the parts, service and installation side). Both are under the same roof though.

Adam.

Nathlm
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 18:28
Cheers Nathlm or is that NatHamishLindsayMotorsport? :)

Yeh you've got it - I'm the boss LOL! and apparently a scarey one as well (so Hamish tells me) :icon_soap

stu850t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:24
Today Hamish has agreed an exclusive deal with Koni FSD, for us to be the SOLE distributor for all Volvo Koni FSD kits (850, V/S/C 70, and S60). This means we will be stocking these items in large quantities which in turn means a better discount that will be passed down to the customer.

This is great news for HLM/Chip Tuning and even better news for our customers! For more information please phone Hamish or myself on 01527 577710 or visit www.volvotuninguk.com (http://www.volvotuninguk.com)

Nat

Edited to also say that he has cut a deal on some of the Ferodo pads, but not sure of the full details yet!

Please Nat we all no this is untrue you can find volvo fsd shock kits easily with a uk google search.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=konifsdshocks&car=volvov70&manufacturer=koni&sub_category=1

http://www.lkperformancestyling.co.uk/catalogue/konifsdkits/Make/Volvo.html

There are many more so please just give the members facts.

Thanks Stuart SW Autos Limited

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:29
Today Hamish has agreed an exclusive deal...

Adam.

stu850t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:37
Hi

I am sorry Adam i didnt come for an argument just dont think a big company like Koni will give exclusive rights to anybody due to poor turnover. They will earn far more from all the many internet sites and other Koni suppliers.

volvotuning
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:39
Hi

I am sorry Adam i didnt come for an argument just dont think a big company like Koni will give exclusive rights to anybody due to poor turnover. They will earn far more from all the many internet sites and other Koni suppliers.

Not arguing either! Just quoting what Nat's has stated. I wasn't present at the meeting with Koni. Just Hamish and Nat.

Adam.

neevo
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:41
Please Nat we all no this is untrue you can find volvo fsd shock kits easily with a uk google search.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=konifsdshocks&car=volvov70&manufacturer=koni&sub_category=1

http://www.lkperformancestyling.co.uk/catalogue/konifsdkits/Make/Volvo.html

There are many more so please just give the members facts.

It's good to know there is competition as this will help keep prices down for us customers but I sort of read Nathlms post as meaning that they will be the Authorised distri, (apologies if you are too and no slagging off was/is intended)

I'd hoping that HLM can get those bits even cheaper as the parts are a bit out of my range at them moment when considering that there will be a labour charge on top.

Please, please let's not let this good news slip into a slanging match, you've both got a great reputation amongst the Volvo community, if you were more considerate and operated in Leeds I would be around yours not planning a trip to brummieland :)

ps Adam....I saw your ££££-up on the quoting :D

pps "££££-up" is an engineering term

stu850t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:47
Not arguing either! Just quoting what Nat's has stated. I wasn't present at the meeting with Koni. Just Hamish and Nat.

Adam.

Hi Adam

No worries mate.

Stuart SW Autos Limited

Justin
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 19:56
Hello Stuart,

Nice to see you have returned to give some useful input on 2 subjects.

2 things,

1)Do not slate my site and the way its run on your own site please, if you have something to say PM me directly.

2)If you wish to advertise on this site you have to be a paid up sponsor, as are the rest, please do not advertise any products again on this site, this is your final warning. If you do wish to advertise, please contact me directly.

I have posted this on here as no one can accuse me of hiding things.

I look forward to more input from you without the adverts of your own products :)

Justin

irf
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:04
getting this back on track, what kind of deal can be done for us then? or more specifically ME ME ME and my 855 t5:biggrin:
i will probably do it in 2 stages ie get the springs first and then some time after get the shocks, but how much? i need my car lowered:cry:

stu850t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:05
Hi Justin

I am very sorry please edit any part of my posts you feel are advertising.

My Apologies Stuart SW Autos Limited

Justin
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:07
Have done Stuart, No problem at all. Thanks.

Nathlm
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:31
getting this back on track, what kind of deal can be done for us then? or more specifically ME ME ME and my 855 t5:biggrin:
i will probably do it in 2 stages ie get the springs first and then some time after get the shocks, but how much? i need my car lowered:cry:

Hi

PM sent:)

irf
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:38
got it, thanks:)

Baj
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 22:36
I'd just like to echo what neevo said. Birmingham is soo last century. All the cool people work out of Leeds these days ;)

woz
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 22:51
Today Hamish has agreed an exclusive deal with Koni FSD, for us to be the SOLE distributor for all Volvo Koni FSD kits (850, V/S/C 70, and S60). .....................

This is great news for HLM/Chip Tuning and even better news for our customers!

Great news - I will leave the old girl up on the axle stands, cycle to work for a couple weeks to save cash and bingo - I will be back up to Bromsgrove with me wallet.
FSD's were next on the shopping list anyway - just between bread and baked beenz in fact.
Well done.
:snail:

LeeVTi
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 17:50
any good offers for the S40 T4 owners or is this just for the T5's?

siamblue
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:06
When you get the time Nat please could you PM me a price for the V70R AWD 1999,

have had a quote recently on the Sports and the specials,

Gary.

pzorb
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:29
Pffft all that effort to get FSDs on the 850 and now they'll be 'common' :lol:

Nathlm
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:15
When you get the time Nat please could you PM me a price for the V70R AWD 1999,

have had a quote recently on the Sports and the specials,

Gary.

PM sent

Andrew
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:18
Me too please Nat - 98 V70R FWD.
I take it these will lower the car ? if so by how much ?

Nathlm
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:30
any good offers for the S40 T4 owners or is this just for the T5's?

I'm really sorry but there is nothing for them yet, just Koni sport!

Nat

Nathlm
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:37
Me too please Nat - 98 V70R FWD.
I take it these will lower the car ? if so by how much ?

PM sent to you as well hun, only 1 set on the shelf though for your car!!!

Nat

Edited to say that they don't lower the car, eibach springs will lower them by 30mm

Andrew
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:50
Edited to say that they don't lower the car, eibach springs will lower them by 30mm

Ok can you give me a quote for whatever will lower the car 30mm ? :) fanks

X

arbee
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:57
Ok can you give me a quote for whatever will lower the car 30mm ? :) fanks

X

me in the passenger seat with you driving? :lol:

hamish
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:17
me in the passenger seat with you driving? :lol:
And the British Olympic Sea Saw Team in the back ! (A.K.A. Justin & The Viking)

Hamish.

Andrew
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:19

Hamish.

LOL

No really. Hamish - as the car is already lowered - will the eibach spring lower it the full 30mm ?

pzorb
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:22
I have Eibachs & FSDs fitted. I'd say it looks about the same as a T5R:
http://www.pzorb.com/albums/Volvo/00009_G.thumb.jpg (http://www.pzorb.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Volvo&id=00009_G)

Andrew
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:24
ok but that doesn't answer my question. Is there specific eibachs for the R which is already lowered which will lower it a further 30mm ?
if not does anything exist that will?
got to be something - seen many yank Rs and Euro Rs sunk to the ground :)

pzorb
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:26
Andrew as far as I know, there is only one type of Eibach Pro spring for each basic family of Volvo (I can't comment about the Eibach Sportlines). So if you want your car lower than the one in the pic, you don't want Eibachs. The quoted lowering will refer to a stock base model eg an 850 GLT.

So things do exist: FK springs. 60 at the front, 40 at the rear. Though with springs that short, you may risk killing the front shock as it might be too long when bottoming out - consider getting shortened shocks, which FK also do. http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=130433

The Yanks run coilovers / cut springs.

T5ER
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 21:27
[QUOTE=Andrew]ok but that doesn't answer my question. Is there specific eibachs for the R which is already lowered which will lower it a further 30mm ?
got to be something - seen many yank Rs and Euro Rs sunk to the ground :)[/QUOTE:
some yanks and euros run air suspemsion or full coilovers mate or even hydraulic

hamish
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 22:35
ok but that doesn't answer my question. Is there specific eibachs for the R which is already lowered which will lower it a further 30mm ?
got to be something - seen many yank Rs and Euro Rs sunk to the ground :)

Andrew,

In a word No !
You can try other springs as per Martin's post, however FSD is designed to work with standard sprngs or the Eibach Prokit.
My feelings are that any lower than the Eibach Prokit, on U.K. roads will quite literally be a pain in the arse !

Regards,
Hamish.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 22:46
Andrew as far as I know, there is only one type of Eibach Pro spring for each basic family of Volvo

There are 2 for the 850/x70. Only difference being the rear springs, they have a different weight ratings for the saloon (910kg) and estate (1010kg).

Ive just bought myself the estate kit :)

pzorb
Thursday 19th October 2006, 00:33
Ive just bought myself the estate kit :) Ah nice one. That'll stop your V70 looking like an XC :saythat:

BlackBeast
Thursday 19th October 2006, 00:49
They dont call my car tractor for nothing :)

The springs wont be going on until I get new shocks. Ive sold the yellow adjustables which has funded the new springs :) just need to save up for some Ferodo ds2500 (porsche fitment :) ) which arent cheap, almost as much as the s60r discs :( and then a set of FSDs.

Andrew
Thursday 19th October 2006, 07:25
Ah ok so I'd end up spending a grand for maybe 10mm - yeah not really worth it for the V70R then is it ? :(

ok well thanks Nat/Hamish and everyone else.

Justin
Thursday 19th October 2006, 08:35

Hamish.

You wait till he returns, your going straight to the pit via the catapult for that one ;)

hamish
Thursday 19th October 2006, 10:16
You wait till he returns, your going straight to the pit via the catapult for that one ;)
Oh it hurts.....the laughter that is.....

Hamish.

Simon
Thursday 19th October 2006, 14:26
Koni FSD's for all Volvo models will continue to be available from www.partsforvolvos.com as usual via the only U.K. Koni distributor.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th October 2006, 15:16
I have the eibach prokit springs and the koni FSD's on my coupe - and I have to say that they are the dog's testiculae. There is next to no roll going through corners and no lerch on acceleration or braking. The ride is not harsh or jarring. I'd have to say that they are even better than the monroe reflex.

hamish
Thursday 19th October 2006, 16:07
I have the eibach prokit springs and the koni FSD's on my coupe - and I have to say that they are the dog's testiculae. There is next to no roll going through corners and no lerch on acceleration or braking. The ride is not harsh or jarring. I'd have to say that they are even better than the monroe reflex.

Dave,

I can't remember if we used the FSD's with the optional 'Hedge Avoidance System' on your car. But I'm glad you like all their standard features !

Regards,
Hamish.
:biggrin:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th October 2006, 16:10
I wouldnt worry as I think Volvo were gonna market it as H.I.P.S ? (Hedge Impact Protection System)

LeeVTi
Thursday 19th October 2006, 21:11
I'm really sorry but there is nothing for them yet, just Koni sport!

Nat

ok nat no worries, will just have to wait till they make them, if they make them

thanks, lee

Simon
Friday 20th October 2006, 11:21
Just wanted to confirm this is not an exclusive deal and all Volvo FSD dampers will still be available from all current retailers as usual. Didn't want anyone mislead :rolleyes2

Andrew
Friday 20th October 2006, 11:33
***confused.com***

Justin
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:42
Right i have delved as deep as i can with this, and as i understand it from various sources, this is fact.

At the time this thread was started the information given in the first post was accurate and true to form, however shortly after that the deal was retracted due to other circumstances. VT no longer have an "exclusive" deal however they do have stock of the afore mentioned kits. I will leave the thread to run :)

Thanks for your patience.

arbee
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:23
good work detective J!

Simon
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:40
Thanks for clearing that up Justin. www.partsforvolvos.com also have stock of the Koni FSD kits.

siamblue
Friday 3rd November 2006, 00:15
Thanks for clearing that up Justin. www.partsforvolvos.com also have stock of the Koni FSD kits.

Simon do you do a kit for the AWR R's? my99, if so can you pm me the price please,

Gary.

nez
Sunday 5th November 2006, 15:14
How much would the kit be for my 2001 P2 V70 T5?
I've looked but can't find the price on the VT site, but I am crap at searching and find the parts for volvo site hard to use.

Nathlm
Sunday 5th November 2006, 20:52
How much would the kit be for my 2001 P2 V70 T5?
I've looked but can't find the price on the VT site, but I am crap at searching and find the parts for volvo site hard to use.

I've Pm'd you