PDA

View Full Version : After market jewel head lights

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 11:32
I was uming and arring about getting some of those s££££y black jewel projector headlights for my 855 estate.Had a look on the volvospeed forum for advice etc and the general concensus is the build quality and reliability is rather naff especially for the high price.My brother lives in the States so i could get them cheaper as i wouldn't pay any import tax etc,but just wondered if anyone over here has them on there cars yet?.

Below is a thread i copied and pasted from vovlospeed.

So, the other day I was at my buddy's shop when he told me my lights were freaking out...I took no notice to it and disregarded his comment. Then it happened...I was driving tonight when I passed a cop....sure enough I got pulled over. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over...I wasn't speeding or anything so I said that I didn't. He then asked me if I realized my headlight was blinking . Not only had two of the LED's gone out...but the bottom 3 were blinking extremely fast. He told me it was a hazard, blah blah blah. Told me to fix it. They went on to compliment me on the car . Either way, Im just pissed because these black jewels really are just crap. Looks like I'll need to resolder in some new LED's and see what happens

Baj
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 11:45
I think there is a problem in that they will be pointing in the wrong direction

RPM
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 11:46
Don't think anyone over here can afford em!!

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 13:22
I think there is a problem in that they will be pointing in the wrong direction

I don't think the beam pattern is to much of a problem as this can be altered with a bit of tweeking (so i've been told).I think it's something to do with the fact that the lights have no pattern on the lense as such.

thunderace
Friday 27th October 2006, 22:02
some nice rear ones :)

http://www.hova.com/default.aspx

Doyen850
Saturday 28th October 2006, 09:18
These rear lamps are available in the UK at Parts for Volvos:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=515_680&products_id=4816

Also just noticed they've started doing the clear headlamps but they are for Left ahnd drive cars.

Did anyone work out what mod was required to make them legal in the UK?

Headlamps: http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=515_680&products_id=4968

In both cases go to 'click to enlarge' to see a picture

RPM
Monday 30th October 2006, 09:02
they do look very nice, but still a bit pricey!!

Simon
Monday 30th October 2006, 10:19
We will have Right hand drive headlamps in about 6-8 weeks. We fitted a set of Left hand drive lamps and adjusted them best we could, but it still failed an MOT.

T5SLAVE
Monday 30th October 2006, 23:35
We will have Right hand drive headlamps in about 6-8 weeks. We fitted a set of Left hand drive lamps and adjusted them best we could, but it still failed an MOT.

Still after doin somethin with my 850's lamps too, so it's nice 2c another member re-lighting an old question. Simon, u say u'll have RHD units in the comin weeks, will these be darkies as well as crystals 4 the 850?

Also, do ya know what's available 4 the 850 (unit ready 4 sale or conversion kit?) that consists of at least one projector style lamp, I think projectors 'll look ace in an 850 housing with (obviously!) a clear lens?! I know such things exist 4 l8r Volvo's but am yet 2 find anythin 4 850's:frown:

Cheers m8.

Mark.

mickthedriver
Tuesday 7th November 2006, 21:20
im also interested in the crystal headlights as well as the indicators and side repeaters.

also while on the face lift subject is the front grille on a mk1 s70 the same as an 850 or c70?

pault5
Tuesday 7th November 2006, 21:56

Let us all know when they are in stock please matey. :santawave

paul

Luigi
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 06:25
let us know when there in stock & price please

Simon
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 12:04
After all that, it's our supplier does not currently manufacture RHD 850 headlamps after all. They will make them for us but we would have to order 250 sets! :eye-poppi

pault5
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 14:15
After all that, it's our supplier does not currently manufacture RHD 850 headlamps after all. They will make them for us but we would have to order 250 sets! :eye-poppi

Bugger! :wallbash:

Well I want a set... only 249 to go!

stephenevans99
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 16:16
And meeee.....248 :haha:

thunderace
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 16:31

what more do you want?

you would have the monopoly for decent rhd crystal headlamps... :)

mickthedriver
Thursday 9th November 2006, 11:13
make that 247 im in for some headlight action:biggrin:

2Fast
Thursday 9th November 2006, 11:45
246 to go

Vikingxl
Thursday 9th November 2006, 11:56
im also interested in the crystal headlights as well as the indicators and side repeaters.

also while on the face lift subject is the front grille on a mk1 s70 the same as an 850 or c70?

850 is different

mickthedriver
Monday 13th November 2006, 18:37
re the above so the front grille is the same for both the c/s 70.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 11:26
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=515_680&products_id=4816