PDA

View Full Version : Chrome tailpipe

mailee
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 20:36
Anyone know where I can get a chrome tailpipe for my T5? it is the standard square one not the oval like the 'R'.

MattB
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:09
I have had the same problem too.
Volvo no longer make the square shape tailpipe.
Halfords etc only supply pipes for saxos etc, so are too small. I have searched for months and the only alternative I could find other than replacing it with an oval pipe from volvo, was Mike Stokes Motorsport in Bournemouth. They make custom satinless steel exhausts and would have been more than happy to fit a stainless pipe of my choice from £60+vat including pipework. I guess any Motorsport place that makes custom exhausts would be happy/able to do this.
However - as the gain would only have been cosmetic and not power and also due to cash being a little tight this month - I opted for the Volvo oval pipe - approx £18 - not as unique as the sqaure pipe, but looks pretty good. :cuckoo:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:52
I am sure if you ask Justin nicely that he may be able to get them from Volvo (Sweden)

OR

Ring Salvo

rich850t5
Thursday 14th April 2005, 20:54
I have had the same problem too.
Volvo no longer make the square shape tailpipe.
Halfords etc only supply pipes for saxos etc, so are too small. I have searched for months and the only alternative I could find other than replacing it with an oval pipe from volvo, was Mike Stokes Motorsport in Bournemouth. They make custom satinless steel exhausts and would have been more than happy to fit a stainless pipe of my choice from £60+vat including pipework. I guess any Motorsport place that makes custom exhausts would be happy/able to do this.
However - as the gain would only have been cosmetic and not power and also due to cash being a little tight this month - I opted for the Volvo oval pipe - approx £18 - not as unique as the sqaure pipe, but looks pretty good. :cuckoo:I got a round 3.5 inch tailpipe trim with ripspeed stamped on it for £25 from halfrauds :D

MattB
Thursday 14th April 2005, 21:05
I got a round 3.5 inch tailpipe trim with ripspeed stamped on it for £25 from halfrauds :D

Thats bizarre!
Everything I tried did not fit!

:wallbash:

rich850t5
Thursday 14th April 2005, 21:08
Thats bizarre!
Everything I tried did not fit!

:wallbash:You will need to find a halfrauds that has ripspeed stock i found it on a shelf that was 8 ft up in the boy racers section good luck

MattB
Thursday 14th April 2005, 21:12
Yeah, all halfords have ripspeed here - must of been out of stock - loads'a Johhnie Saxos in Bournemouth!
:B_thumb:

gibbo
Friday 15th April 2005, 07:53
Yeah, all halfords have ripspeed here - must of been out of stock - loads'a Johhnie Saxos in Bournemouth!
:B_thumb:

Matt,
Just a thought mate have you tried Charlie Browns (queue the jokes) on the NUffield Ind Est. They hold some interesting stuff not sure if applicable to Volvo.

Gibbo

gibbo
Friday 15th April 2005, 07:55
Matt,
Just a thought mate have you tried Charlie Browns (queue the jokes) on the NUffield Ind Est. They hold some interesting stuff not sure if applicable to Volvo.

Gibbo

Or come to think of it you could try Jocks (not the proper name but everyone knows it as that) i think it's SMC or something on Parkstone High St, on the lights opposite the pub

Gibbo

MattB
Friday 15th April 2005, 09:37
Or come to think of it you could try Jocks (not the proper name but everyone knows it as that) i think it's SMC or something on Parkstone High St, on the lights opposite the pub

Gibbo

Thanks Gibbo,
for someone in Daventry - you have a good knowledge of Bournemouth and Poole! Charlie Browns burnt down a few months back and has now been demolished, which shocked the Jonnie Saxo Population!
Have also tried SMC - same problem as Halfords - could have ordered one for £50 tho - hence opting for the standard Volvo tailpipe - my service is due soon!

gibbo
Friday 15th April 2005, 10:20
No worries mate, i lived there for a number of years & moved to Daventry a few years ago.
I still visit Bournemouth every month or so (half way thru a rather large tattoo which i started there etc) to visit family / mates etc.

I'll ask a mate who lives there if he knows anywhere localish as he is into moddin cars.

Cheers
Gibbo