PDA

View Full Version : VPCUK meet for a jolly to Le Touquet France

Niles
Sunday 15th October 2006, 22:11
Who'd be up for it? Obviously we'd have to make it spring time for sensible weather. Plenty of time to plan, put aside the time & pennies, bit of lunch in a nice restaurant (not expensive) great beaches, stacks of parking & a whooping hyper market for the staturory wine/ciggies & garlic pit stop!!
http://uk.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&ukwidth=289&ukheight=301&scale=2000000&lang=&overviewmap=FR_over&db=FR&g.x=132&g.y=42

Link to names list here......
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=152658#post152658post152658

I received this e-mail today 17th october 2006

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding group travel with Eurotunnel. Based on the details provided, we would be able to offer the following fare:

FOLKESTONE-CALAIS 18 MAR 07 @ 10:20 £ 24.00
CALAIS-FOLKESTONE 18 MAR 07 @ 21:20 £ 24.00

GBP48.00 per car on a day return based on minimum 15 vehicles.

Terms and Conditions:

* Price includes vehicle and all passengers.
* Valid for booked departure times only.
* Journey must be booked for a return before midnight (local time) on the same day.
* Amendments are subject to conditions and charges.

Please keep to your booked departure time if you want to be assured of a fast crossing. However, we do recognise that it is not always possible to plan your arrival time at Check-In accurately. So, if you arrive at Check-In within 2 hours of your booked departure, we will, at no extra charge, transfer you to a space on the next available shuttle. Your booking will not be transferable if you arrive at Check-In more than 24 hours after the booked departure time. However, please note that this could be quite a long wait if we are very busy.

The fare quoted is based on the number of cars* given, and the dates and times advised. Once booked tickets are non-refundable, but amendable prior to outward travel. Unused bookings may not be amended for alternative dates.This quote is valid for bookings made by 17 November 2006.

Thank you for your enquiry and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards.

Sales Support Team

thunderace
Sunday 15th October 2006, 22:12
yo!

Andrew
Sunday 15th October 2006, 22:15
I may very well be interested in this...

t5 stealth
Sunday 15th October 2006, 22:16
lets hope the frog police dont think your cannonballers in a convoy & take your cars & crush them

Niles
Sunday 15th October 2006, 23:29
lets hope the frog police dont think your cannonballers in a convoy & take your cars & crush them
ok, also time to get some 'VPCUK well behaved intercontinental drivers convention' stickers made up. lol

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 23:50
Sounds like onehell of a good time :) - We would deffo beup for that, if it's a family thing :(

Niles
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:00
Sounds like onehell of a good time :) - We would deffo beup for that, if it's a family thing :(
got to be a family thing matey, by the euro funnel you pay by the car not the occupents, anyway, could you imagine getting home & telling your partner what a good time you had without them? lol
Lucky for my my better half has a degree in mechanical engineering. She knows her nuts & bolts. PHEW!!! lol
I'll have a bash at finding out if we can get a group discount on the euro funnel, even if we cant last time i went over it was £42. Le Touquets not far into france, the restaurant in mind isnt expensive (good tho). As for the shoppong, thats up to you.

Niles
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:10
OK, Ive sent a mail to Euro Funnel requesting a special rate for a group discount on 15-19 vehicles for SUNDAY MARCH 18th 2007, leaving Folkstone @ 10.30am (gives long distance VP peeps time to get there) & return from Calais @ 9.30pm (back in blighty for 10.05pm). Any ideas, comments or good recipes for chicken Chasseur please reply here or inbox me.
I'll keep you lot posted obviously.

godlikegary
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:15
if i can get me the mrs and the kids passports togeather ill deffo come along ill get onto passports after good old xmas till then little tight on pennies unless my pub gets busy as ..... would be nice to get of this island onday even if it only for a short time

dreadly
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:23
would be nice to get of this island onday even if it only for a short time

Lol. :) and even if it is France :)

godlikegary
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:46
well you know got to start some where just got to find some kind person to put there paw print on bk of pasport photo and im off lol

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 07:53
well you know got to start some where just got to find some kind person to put there paw print on bk of pasport photo and im off lol

Well you have ~15 kind volvo souls heading up to your pub soon - one of us must be respectable.

hmm 11hrs in france... oh well there's always the shopping :)

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 07:55
OK, Ive sent a mail to Euro Funnel requesting a special rate for a group discount on 15-19 vehicles for SUNDAY MARCH 18th 2007, leaving Folkstone @ 10.30am (gives long distance VP peeps time to get there) & return from Calais @ 9.30pm (back in blighty for 10.05pm). Any ideas, comments or good recipes for chicken Chasseur please reply here or inbox me.
I'll keep you lot posted obviously.

For me I'd like to come back about 7pm. I got a 4 hr drive this side of the channel and two small kids who need to be at school on the monday or flip it to a saturday and I'll get a hotel for the sat night in ashford area.

Justin
Monday 16th October 2006, 08:37
I may well be up for this, keep us posted :)

Niles
Monday 16th October 2006, 08:49
For me I'd like to come back about 7pm. I got a 4 hr drive this side of the channel and two small kids who need to be at school on the monday or flip it to a saturday and I'll get a hotel for the sat night in ashford area.
Hows about returning at 8pm? The time flys as they say, I understand your concern tho. Lets see what Euro Funnel say then I'll try jiggling the time.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th October 2006, 21:25
Car share from the Midlands?

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 21:30
8 would be better than 11.

WD: car share - where would you put all the booze ?

godlikegary
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:15
ill meet up with you andrew and follow you down on that one dont know if the sat nav will work over there lol

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:18
I hope you can keep up... I aint a slow driver.

blackwolf t5
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:57
What's the matter with FRANCE?????

blackwolf t5
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:59
Car Share From S.wales ?????

welshboy
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 00:02
Put my name down as well. Sounds like a good day out.

tony

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 00:24
OOOOOO I'm so Tempted.... but my sensible head is on at the moment....I must clear my credit card(s)..!!!...maybe later in the year f or me.......:worried:

Niles
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 10:19
OOOOOO I'm so Tempted.... but my sensible head is on at the moment....I must clear my credit card(s)..!!!...maybe later in the year f or me.......:worried:
the plan is for march 2007 mate. hopefully the weather will be good & time after xmas to recover the pennies blown on sox & perfume for auntie etc....

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:47
lol.. I have a good mate on the Kent Constab traffic division, I will bung him a bottle of JD and get him to turn a blind eye to any Volvos on the M20 that day....lol

dicky b t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:51
Stick me name down please, i'll have some of this.:Handshake

dicky b t5
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:52
What's the matter with FRANCE?????

Nothing ! Apart from its Full of French people....!!LOL:saythat:

thunderace
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:54
hhmmmm
some people only think and some say it :)

godlikegary
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 23:00
I hope you can keep up... I aint a slow driver.

ummm i only got a standard car but i ant a slow driver eather lol playing with the sat nav today it got max spped on it i know it not too good but it set at 139mph at mo ... ill try again next time i got a clear road

dicky b t5
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 08:04
hhmmmm
some people only think and some say it :)
LOL...Only joking, I've got relatives who live in Normandy, I'm going over for a week on the 4th of Nov...LOL :)

siamblue
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 09:16
ummm i only got a standard car but i ant a slow driver eather lol playing with the sat nav today it got max spped on it i know it not too good but it set at 139mph at mo ... ill try again next time i got a clear road

Don't worry Gary you ain't seen his tyres:cuckoo: , we should nickname him the Ferryman roll on roll off, one day it might happen big guy, get rid of those tyres.

how many people are allowed in each car?
I'll be up for this too, just need to get Jitt a visa & her passport renewed.

Niles
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 09:43
Gary, the limit of passengers is the legal limit of the cars capacity. In your case 5 peeps mate. Be good to have you along. Send Jitts passpork off quick mate, the passport ppl arn't to quick!! LOL. ( you should see the passport ppl faces try to rear Piroskas, 'Magyar? whats that?', Its Hungary mate......., Oh... I see....Thank you off you go'). LOL