PDA

View Full Version : B5234T6 engine in my 850 T5.

thetroublemaker
Sunday 15th October 2006, 17:36
As can be seen here - i have an engine from a V70R fitted to my car. http://wothrline.com/images/Engine/Engine_data.bmp

First off it should run a different ECU. If i get my car chipped can they make it run with my ecu ?

Secondly would this resolve the flatspot i have at 3000-3500?

volvotuning
Sunday 15th October 2006, 18:38
The engine you have in your car will run exactly the same as the original engine you had. What you need to check is whether or not the injectors and turbo have been transfered from the original engine.

If you had the orignal injectors and turbo transfered, your car will run exactly the same on your current ECU as it did with your previous engine.

If however this engine was fitted together with it's turbo and injectors, then you will have injectors and a turbo which are not matched to your ECU software. The misfire may be as a result of the injectors mismatch, but then again may not.

In either case, there is no guarantee that an ECU upgrade will eliminate the flat spot unless it is caused by the injector mismatch.

Adam.

nobananas
Sunday 15th October 2006, 18:38
Is it fitted complete with the 16t turbo or has it just had the block and had the 850 original 15g bolted on ?

thetroublemaker
Sunday 15th October 2006, 19:00
Adam - thanks for the info - i "think" it was just the engine but i am not 100% sure on that.

Nobananas - How would i find this out?

volvotuning
Sunday 15th October 2006, 19:29
Adam - thanks for the info - i "think" it was just the engine but i am not 100% sure on that.

Nobananas - How would i find this out?

Check the colour of the injectors. They should be orange. If they are white, you've got the wrong injectors and will be running too rich.

For the turbo, check the ID plate. Should say TD04HL-15G (difficult to see) if it's the original turbo.

Adam.

thetroublemaker
Sunday 15th October 2006, 20:22
Will do that tomorrow thanks - where is the ID plate located matey?

EDIT - just checked the injectors and they are orange so thats a good start.

I guess the next thing is to look into the flatspot/misfire at the 3200-3700rpm range.

I waiting on the king lead from volvo (will be in on monday) before i start looking for other causes, but if that dosent solve it where would you start looking?

volvotuning
Sunday 15th October 2006, 20:26
Will do that tomorrow thanks - where is the ID plate located matey?

Remember this is my first T5 - it does seem to lack engine breaking - could this be related if the injectors are "wrong"?

Unlikely. The engine runs on fresh air when "engine braking", ie it shouldn't be using any fuel at all. ID plate is on the compressor side of the turbo. It's a steel plate with lots of info on it.

Adam.

BlackBeast
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:43
Have you done a stage 0 yet? I remember i had a flat spot on mine, changed the plugs, leads and distributor and it sorted it.

thetroublemaker
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:58
I have done stage 0 with the exception of the out of stock king lead - which i pick up monday morning :) :)

Adam - thanks for the info - it makes me wonder if the throttle cable has been over adjusted and maybe is "slightly" open. not sure..........it is a big heavy car lol :D

volvotuning
Monday 16th October 2006, 00:59
I
Adam - thanks for the info - it makes me wonder if the throttle cable has been over adjusted and maybe is "slightly" open.

If that was the case it would probably idle slightly higher too.

Adam.

thetroublemaker
Monday 16th October 2006, 16:14
I have done the king lead and that has (or aty least appears to have) sorted the flat spot totally.

Thanks for all the replies so far :D

EDIT - having driven the car a bit more the flat spot at 3000-3500 is still there but is lots less prominent.

I am going to run a tank of injector cleaner through and monitor the results :D