PDA

View Full Version : stealth audio install for a V70

MrP
Sunday 15th October 2006, 11:11
anyone done one??

as i park on a main road i cant have anything showing, so has anyone got any pics of installs done int V70's or made their own false floor?

BlackBeast
Sunday 15th October 2006, 11:59
Dont think anyone on here has done it MrP. Check out the VolvoSpeed.com audio section, and do a search, they've definately got a few stealth boot builds.

adriancole
Sunday 15th October 2006, 12:54
I am doing a volvo stealth install, all premium components from volvo as it looks standard....esp all eight speakers in the doors and pillars and dash....

The only obstical is the bass bin...the volvo one is not great as it sits in the spare wheel and sounds muffled........i could use a mesh over the wheel and acoustic fabric, though would then loose load capacity on top of it.....i have resorted to a bass tube whcih cannot really be seen behind the rear seats due to ammount of rubbish and boots and waterproofs in the boot...

I do only need sound in the car and not visual though.......

Volvospeed do have good pics of fibreglass installs in the wheel well, though again i guess they will sound muffled......i am after a cleaner sound..

adrian

Baj
Sunday 15th October 2006, 13:09
Are you talking amps and subs or Headunit?

Adrian: Get a sheet of MDF. Drill holes where the sub is. Cover with carpet and place over rear load space.
Should give less muffle and not compromise loading.
Either that or build one into the side like I have

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 13:25
Are you talking amps and subs or Headunit?

Adrian: Get a sheet of MDF. Drill holes where the sub is. Cover with carpet and place over rear load space.

Have you got a piccy of that Baj?

adriancole
Sunday 15th October 2006, 14:49

Cheers baj, when i did try it, the volvo sub bass faces the floor of the car due to its construction and the way it hangs on the spare wheel...on testing even without the floor of the boot in place it was still a bit too muffled for my own liking.....hence my compromise on a tube.........maybe if i used a up facing cone speaker in the wheel it would sound better.....much like the ones on volvospeed......and then i would use what you suggest....that would give a stealth version....hmmmm....what to do now.......bazooka tube or 12" sub cone on fibreglass mounting with drilled mdf......more options.......

edit....

so to recap i have a Volvo sc-901 head unit which is great, volvo amps under the drivers seat, Premium drop-in Dynaudio speakers (eight 0f) and a sub bass which now may change due to Baj....all in all a great sounding, loud and clear setup with a great bass and cannot see it at all....thats why i keep the standard good headunit as no-one (hopefully) will want to nick that....

Baj
Sunday 15th October 2006, 17:27
Have you got a piccy of that Baj?

Yup
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/vikingt5/Volvo/Dons%20meet%202006/Donsmeet20.jpg

Not much use for you however. You will probably be after something like this:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88009

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 17:31
Yup
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/vikingt5/Volvo/Dons%20meet%202006/Donsmeet20.jpg

Not much use for you however. You will probably be after something like this:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88009

Classy and well done :) I like it.

MrP
Sunday 15th October 2006, 18:11
the plans are for new head unit (undecided on what it will be)
pair of 7" subs mounted in the rear doors (original plan was a 10" sub in the spare wheel well, but the FG box and space mean i'm not over keen on that idea)
4 or 5 amps, alpine H701 processor and possibly a changer
2 way front end, with a posible upgrade to a 3 way front end when funds and time allows

i plan to make a new false floor and riase it up by an inch or so to mount the amps under and provide then with some airflow from a couple of fans.

creating a new framework to mount the false floor on is my current worry, and also what to creat it from (wood would be easier, metal stronger but alot more work)

alot of works, but hopefully its do-able

Baj
Sunday 15th October 2006, 20:03
Where are you located MrP?
I have a false floor (it is already raised on blocks but still is level with tailgate somehow.
I am planning on lifting it in a week or two once I have finalised PC installation so Icould take some pics

MrP
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 10:17
sunderland unfortunatly.

i'd be very interested in any pics you can take :)

cheers

Niles
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 09:28
my amps are under the boot floor, 6x9's are cut into the boot floor into the two 'side removable panels', all other speakers are standard sizes but upgraded to component Infinitys. cars bunging out 700rms. Enough to make a deaf person deaf!! The boot stuff is hidden by the load cover when parked up.