PDA

View Full Version : help required please

fyggy2002
Sunday 15th October 2006, 08:53
my S40 (1998) has been off the road for a few months (due to work),so today, went to start it up, dead battery, as expected. Jumped the car,(water needed in battery- put water in) left it running for 1/2 an hour, took it for a run (round the block - 2 mile), came back switched off, and had to jump it again. Took it to kwikfit, .... no prob with battery, but, you need to change that tyre, did that, no probs with starting....

Now, here is the problems: radio not working (not even asking for the code), interior lights not working, key fob u/s (not operating dead locks ----- but there again, neither are the keys)....

anyone got any suggestions?

Paullyp
Sunday 15th October 2006, 10:31
my S40 (1998) has been off the road for a few months (due to work),so today, went to start it up, dead battery, as expected. Jumped the car,(water needed in battery- put water in) left it running for 1/2 an hour, took it for a run (round the block - 2 mile), came back switched off, and had to jump it again. Took it to kwikfit, .... no prob with battery, but, you need to change that tyre, did that, no probs with starting....

Now, here is the problems: radio not working (not even asking for the code), interior lights not working, key fob u/s (not operating dead locks ----- but there again, neither are the keys)....

anyone got any suggestions?

I assume you have checked the fuses/relays, make sure that your fob's battery is working and it hasn't reset itself due to not being used,some alarm systems will reset if left lying for a while, try another fob if you have one.Due to anti-theft measures I think all of the above problems are on the same link,P.

fyggy2002
Sunday 15th October 2006, 11:44
turns out it was fuse 5 (10amp) in the engine bay

Paullyp
Sunday 15th October 2006, 18:16
Easypeasylemonsqueezy,P

Andrew
Sunday 15th October 2006, 19:13
Nice cheap fix - we like them - they are few and far between :)

fyggy2002
Monday 16th October 2006, 05:43
£2.49 for a pack of 6 from halfords

Paullyp
Monday 16th October 2006, 18:46
I wish more VOLVO owners would use this source rather than the dealersip, ah well, it must be great to have money,Paullyp.

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 18:54
It's Paullyp strikes again. Those poor old Volvo Dealers, they won't be able to afford a nice new shiney suit at this rate.

blackwolf t5
Monday 16th October 2006, 20:36
Paullyp could I ask what do you do for a living?

blackwolf t5
Monday 16th October 2006, 21:19
If you are shy PM me.

Paullyp
Monday 16th October 2006, 21:49
Hi Wolf, I am a Prison officer, have been for 20 years, I have been around cars most of my life, tinkered with most models my favs are VOLVO and Jaguar ( not in any order), I was stung once maybe twice by Dealers so I will give advice or suggestions to help anyone out, the more I help the more pennies someone saves, as I have said all advice is free, rewards in heaven and all that,Paullyp.

Paullyp
Monday 16th October 2006, 21:52
It's Paullyp strikes again. Those poor old Volvo Dealers, they won't be able to afford a nice new shiney suit at this rate.
Meet defo looks good, thinking about a roof chop, going for BTCC graphics and paint scheme, maybe a wee remap,Paullyp.