PDA

View Full Version : Next Mod Job.

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:09
2.0 bar boost guage kit to go in, this little beauty cost about £69.00 with the pod which was £14.00,, got some high quality blue tube to use instead of the clear tube here in photos,, gonna get some help wiv this job, but should be done soon along wiv the full light interior mod,, every single light you can think of out,, then replaced with high power ice blue LEDs.. gonna be smarttttttttttttttttttttt...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/My%20S70R/Picture096.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/My%20S70R/Picture100.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/My%20S70R/Picture099.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/My%20S70R/Picture098.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/My%20S70R/Picture097.jpg

t5 stealth
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:16
i got green led lights on my foot lights when the door is opened ,
looks good

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:20
cool.... means you can hide those green beer bottles down there and no one will see them,,lol.. im doing everything ice blue,, I think its about 30 or 40 leds to replace the normal bulbs with coming to about £80 as the LEDs are about 3 quid each,, gonna take all weekend as whole dash has to come out,, then to the speedo cluster, the foot wells, the roof lights the door buttons and seat heater lights, rear lighter air con cluster and the windscreen alarm LED.. gonna be cool and photos will follow,, plus fit the Boost guage at same time ,,,,

Supragal
Saturday 14th October 2006, 22:11
very pretty :)

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th October 2006, 22:13
very pretty :)

Why, thank you Supragal... yours is lookin a mean bit of stuff too, like the Supras..

jonj
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 10:07
cool.... means you can hide those green beer bottles down there and no one will see them,,lol.. im doing everything ice blue,, I think its about 30 or 40 leds to replace the normal bulbs with coming to about £80 as the LEDs are about 3 quid each,, gonna take all weekend as whole dash has to come out,, then to the speedo cluster, the foot wells, the roof lights the door buttons and seat heater lights, rear lighter air con cluster and the windscreen alarm LED.. gonna be cool and photos will follow,, plus fit the Boost guage at same time ,,,,

Where are you all buying your LED's from? You can buy 1000 of either 3mm, 5mm and 10mm blue LEDs on ebay for £100.

40 Leds woudl cost you £7.00?

Are they special Leds?

Storm-Troll
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:25
I think they are,, I will have to find out from the Dude who is fitting them for me,, Im an electrical Virgin...lol

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:33
Here we go again lol The leds i use require no capacitors or messing about,Have a much longer life than the cheap chinese leds (ebay and the like) and give a nice even colour across the whole interior.I know Baj is using some cheaper leds but is having a few problems at the end of the day how much is all the messing about worth?I have with some help done an entire dash including changing all the wood trim to brushed alloy(r spec) in just over 4 hours.For the results the leds i use check out my volvo garage or piccys of Blackbeast or Justins interior.

Storm-Troll
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:35
lol.. your gettin me excited now about these LED's..lol... and I have still got a whole day to go before I get up there,,lol,, Ahhh, need a beer now to calm down..lol

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:57
We have a busy day Saturday mate!

Storm-Troll
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 22:10
I can well imagine,, doing my Car then your new Tractor,,,, A busy day indeed...lol.. then drinkin beer all day sunday to recover....

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 22:58
If you have a passenger airbag, bring your own 10mm spanner ;)

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:01
10mm spanner is not a problem anymore!In your car the problem is the giant spanner driving!Are you coming down to help out Beastie and check out the porpoise at the same time?

Storm-Troll
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:03
lol.. nope,, im lucky,, dont have a passenger one,, Im thinkin about takin out the passenger seat belt, then if im gonna stack it, I can open passenger door and just shove out the passenger so they dont mess up my dash on stackin....lol

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:13
10mm spanner is not a problem anymore!In your car the problem is the giant spanner driving!Are you coming down to help out Beastie and check out the porpoise at the same time?

Dont you mean midget spanner? Im only 5ft 7 :)

I do 200miles a day now in a van that doesnt like to have its gears changed, so weekends are more precious, instead of helping you out, or rather watching you wreck another volvo ;) I will hopefully be picking up my headunit, defo picking up my goodridge brake lines and buying some vinegar and water ready for my coolant flush.

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:16
While you are out why dont you buy a head unit that works?And the van will change gear fine if you use the clutch lol

Storm-Troll
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:20
loll.. you sure your not trying to change stations on the HU instead of gear changin???.. either way,, I bet your makin sweet music..lol

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:23
Ive no money after buying a ton of stuff last month, I should have my sideskirts delivered next week though :)

LOL You really need to see this Vauxhall Combo, its white of course, but the gearbox is the best bit, put your foot down on the clutch, move the gearstick forward (note, not to actually put it in gear) and the van will move forward lol. Same thing happens if its in gear and your foot is on the clutch the van will creap forward. Its like driving in automatic. The only problem is actually getting it into any gear. My shoulder is killing me!

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:31
Piccys?

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:35
lol i really cant be arsed to go to the effort of taking a pic of it, just imagine any other claped out white combo.

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:40
Like an ex plod 850?:saythat:

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:44
LOL Well it is a 1.7 diesel, so it has around the same performance :D