PDA

View Full Version : 3.0L 24V throttle body..photos needed..

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:08
Has anyone got a 3.0L 24v Volvo who could take a couple of photos of their throttle body please..? I'm interested to see which way round the throttle position sensor and the backing bracket is.....

I'm wondering if I've put mine on the wrong way round.....

thanks...

SaffronC70
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:22
You should here a little click as the throttle comes to the closed position (micro switch telling the ECU to idle) ?

Just going by other cars I've tinkered with.

HTH

Chris

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 00:17
I'll have a look tomorrow if it clicks, but I also took the plate that the sensor sis on off, and I don;t now which way round it is suppposed to be...?

just thought I'd ask before I make a trip to Volvo to look at their computer.......

elliot
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 20:24
The plug sits the wrong way on the 850 with that TB, pointing toward the drivers side and down.I had the re-rout the wire to get it to fit well.

T5ER
Thursday 19th October 2006, 23:43
have you got a fax machine mate LOL if so i can have a look at a 6cyl 24v of some year print a picture and fax you it across

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 22:59
Cheers Wayne...

I called in on my local Dealer who printed out a copy of the VIDA picture. It shows that my throttle position sensor should be pointing a different way.....

I've been working loads of overtime over the last few days... and when I'm home my lad is playing Runescape.com .... so I can't get online... when I finally get round to playing in the garage to repair the bonnet pins and other bits I might get round to cutting and splicing the wires to get the right length...maybe this will sort all my woes out...