PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Paullyp!!!!!

Supragal
Saturday 14th October 2006, 16:10
Hi all, bit of background for you... bought a P plate V70 2.5 10v manual last monday, thursday evening I went to use it and it wouldn't start so I found this site while googling for known faults etc and found a thread by someone with a T5 who after 3 days of ownership the same thing happened. (this one in fact http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/t14277-two-days-old-and-dead-already.html)

Anyway, in that thread Paullyp had said to email him and the guy obviously did and he he helped him out over the phone... so I figured it was worth a shot, I dropped Paullyp a line and he said to ring him which I did and he taked us through a load of stuff and hey presto problem solved :D

I'm soooo pleased, I can't thank him enough :Handshake What a hero.

THANK YOU PAULLYP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh in case you are wondering it was the coil... now we'd swapped this for another one to no avail but Paul suggested it might be the ignition module gone on one, so basically we had 2 parts that both half worked so using a cobination of the 2 it's sorted.

Yay I can get my dogs back in the car again now!

fraz13
Saturday 14th October 2006, 17:08
Well done Paul, this is becoming a habit lol ;)

Paullyp
Saturday 14th October 2006, 17:38
Aw shucks, aint that hard. I am willing to help all VOLVO owners get their cars started and keep them on the road, all for free, e-mail me your@themaddam.wanadoo.co.uk. I have provided a link or picture if I have made an a**e of it again to show you how to cheat the dealer, If you require a coil or ignition amp/module keep your old/broken one cross ref the two and you will know which part is busted, all the best,Paul.
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/10/28612255595.jpg
http://img1.putfile.com/main/10/28612255689.jpg

jonj
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:10
Thank you for your help earlier but I am sad to say it has died again. During the process of securing the two coils it stopped running again.

So...I took the coil I bought this morning back to the breakers yard and after a lot of whinging they gave me another coil from an S40 (looks the same as yours) and this one doesn't work either.

Are they delicate objects and easy to break? Or is it more likely there is a dodgy connection to the ignition Module? I was going to buy a new one from Volvo on Monday morning anyway and I guess that would tell me.

I guess if the coil has power to it then that would rule out a dodgy connection? All three coils had power yet none of them worked?

Anyway don't worry too much about it, I will get a new coil on Monday and let you know how I get on.

I love Volvo's thaye are bulet proof...:lol:

fraz13
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:18
Paul I would suggest you keep your number to PM's mate ;)

jonj
Monday 16th October 2006, 08:55
Ok ordered new coil from EAS today. £50.00. (£100 from Volvo.) I will fit it tonight and hope that fixes it. Fingers Crossed!

Paullyp
Monday 16th October 2006, 18:41
Ok ordered new coil from EAS today. £50.00. (£100 from Volvo.) I will fit it tonight and hope that fixes it. Fingers Crossed!
I am pretty sure (99.9%) that, providing you have got the correct amp/module and coil pack, everything will be hunky dorey. May the God of VOLVO shine once again and utter the immortal words..START YA B$*^%+D, I feel all may be well.Paullyp.:B_steerin

jonj
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 15:50
So...I got to EAS yesterday to find the monkey had ordered the wrong part! So I went home fuming and called my local volvo garage who said they would be able to get it for the following morning. Called them this morning to find out they had missed the order deadline and it wouldn't arrive until Wednesday so I called Volvo to get them to order it. The said it would be in for 2pm.

20 mins after I called Volvo to order the part my local garage called back to say the part had arrived!!!! I had already paid Volvo by now so I told them it was too late.

2pm this afternoon Volvo called me to say the part did not arrive!!!

Fortunately my local garage have not sent the part back so I getting the part this evening. I hope it works!!!! :wallbash:

Paullyp
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 16:32
Save yourself a £1.00, don't buy a lottery ticket this week,Paullyp.

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 18:13
PaullyP - What a nice chap.

:B_thumb:

jonj
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 20:37
Ok fitted new coil....still won't start. So now it has a new crank shaft sensor and a new coil.

Question:
If the immobilser in the key wasn't working would it turn over and send power the the coil but not spark?

checked coil lead by changing it with a plug lead, still not getting a spark. What can it be?

Please help.

:crazy:

Baj
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 22:30
I have mentioned it before but my car was on the ramps for over a week while they tried to work out why it wasnt starting. Turned out to be the immob transponder thing in the steering column had moved and was not picking up the key.
I dont know the symptoms as it was before I bought the car.
It is probably unlikely but worth checking if you have tried all else

jonj
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 09:45
Okay thank you I will try it

jonj
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 20:33
Quick update...

V70 has been in the garage since Wednesday last week and they are not having any luck. They have tested all the obvious stuff and can't find anything.

It is with an electrician at the moment and he has concluded the car is immobilsed but can't see why or how. He has replaced the transponder in the ignition barrel and still no luck so now he is trying to bypass the immobiliser in the hope that it will start and he can definately say it is immobilised.

So I have owned the car for two weeks tomorrow and have only driven it for two days :cry: