PDA

View Full Version : friday the 13th

howie
Saturday 14th October 2006, 08:46
Engine management waning light came on after the car seemed to have a little burp and a stutter:worried: car seems to be running ok now but i have only been running around town,is it ok to keep using it untill the problem gets checked out:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 also southend united lost:splat:

Andrew
Saturday 14th October 2006, 08:54
Could be anything. I would strongly recommend you get the codes read asap either at a dealer or via a member after all the engine management light is there for a purpose.

Andrew.

howie
Saturday 14th October 2006, 10:20
have just been out in it,warning light stayed on:splat: .after stopping the engine for a moment the light has gone out and car is going well.do you think the engine management has re-set the problem ? and is this possible ?:cuckoo:

Howard.

Andrew
Saturday 14th October 2006, 12:21
you may potentially have a small air leak and it may show on a longer run.

howie
Saturday 14th October 2006, 13:28
thanks Andrew.just about to go for a bit of a run in it now,what area could it have an air leak? :B_thumb:

shaun850
Saturday 14th October 2006, 15:44
Did this happen in the first 5 min's after cold start?

howie
Saturday 14th October 2006, 18:03
no Shaun,this morning the light was on from start-up then went off after i turned the car off (after a 5min drive) and re-started.this afternoon i drove the car about 12 miles (light on from start-up)car was then parked for about 2hrs,when re-started warning light went out as it should,but 10 mins into the journey the car stuttered and the light came on for the rest of the journey.seems to run ok after the initial stutter,mind you only doing town speed have not taken it over 40mph:confused: :worried: