PDA

View Full Version : strange 1

jimmyc
Friday 13th October 2006, 09:29
lifted the electric window up and 3/4 way up it stopped and went back down,did this 3 times but when you hold the button it goes all the way up but it wants to come back down????? any ideas??:wizardtro

Volvo Family
Friday 13th October 2006, 11:56
Maybe the window thinks it's encoutering an obstruction and is going back down again. My Merc used to do this sometimes - think it was an over enthusiastic safety feature in case a hand (or head) was stuck in it. I checked the glass was mounted properly and running freely - lubricated the side channels the glass runs in and it was OK for a while. If that doesn't work then it probably needs a look at the motor and mechanism.

dreadly
Friday 13th October 2006, 17:12
lifted the electric window up and 3/4 way up it stopped and went back down,did this 3 times but when you hold the button it goes all the way up but it wants to come back down????? any ideas??:wizardtro

Squirt a little silicon lubricant spray down the runners each side of the glass, all the way up to the top of the window.
Just a little otherwise you will be forever getting silicon smeared glass, but enough to lubricate the glass.

This should solve it...:wavey:

jimmyc
Saturday 14th October 2006, 00:03
thanx guys ill try that:partysmil

jim
Saturday 14th October 2006, 08:21
tried that when it happened on mine, worked for a couple of weeks then started again. Think cleaning the contacts would help seems to be common on p2's I know of 2 others that do this. Let you know if I ever sort it for good.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

jimmyc
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 15:52
nice 1 thanx dreadly/jim/volvo family , tried the lubricant and it is spot on, thanx again rich:Handshake

anogg3
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 16:03
Mine goes through phases of doing it to! I clean the rubber seal/slider and it works again.

duncan bennett
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 23:17
reset the window switch,do this by holding the switch in the up position until it reaches the top when the window stops hold switch for approx5 seconds and thats it .very common on all new cars