PDA

View Full Version : Boo Bloody Hoo !!

volvolised
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:57
Well worst fears are true, my coolant dumping is down to over pressure in coolant system, had block test today and i stress " that's a text book head gasket leak" Doh:slap: Anyways, s**t happens :uglyhamme, so i need to do headgasket and have a 19t + downpipe waiting to be fitted, when these works take place what should i upgrade in the engine, rods and cam ??any help from they who know...Vt, Spesh, Sholtby:wavey: ,Elliot to name but a very few would be much appreciated :hug:

elliot
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:13
I would fit a set of S60 t5 pistons,they are lighter than 850 ones and can be brought from the dealer etc.As for rods its upto you,if you have the money then go for it, for piece of mind.If you are going to the rods aswell the the SPM rods and Venolia piston combo are pretty popular and reasonably cheap.I would leave the cams unless you can find a set of off a 2.5l 20v 850 cheap.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:17
Is it just the head gasket thats gone or have you warped the head?:worried:

volvolised
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:35
Is it just the head gasket thats gone or have you warped the head?:worried:
Pretty sure/ hope the head is ok, as never hit any above normal temps

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:51
Look on the for sale thread.Someone is selling some fancy pistons.

dreadly
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:54
Pretty sure/ hope the head is ok, as never hit any above normal temps

Dude, sorry to hear that, anything I can do?

I can help you do the gasket if you want, I have done a T5 head gasket before...
Good luck. - At least it's saved you that massive cost of a new coolant bottle :eye-poppi

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 23:05
Dude, sorry to hear that, anything I can do?

I can help you do the gasket if you want, I have done a T5 head gasket before...
Good luck. - At least it's saved you that massive cost of a new coolant bottle :eye-poppi

That coolant bottle looked dodgy anyway, so he will need to replace that aswell. I'd love to see Warren get his pampered hands dirty changing a head gasket.He's so wedged he will probably just buy a new car instead.peepo

dreadly
Thursday 12th October 2006, 23:06
That coolant bottle looked dodgy anyway, so he will need to replace that aswell. I'd love to see Warren get his pampered hands dirty changing a head gasket.He's so wedged he will probably just buy a new car instead.peepo

I have a nice S60 for sale, I get nearly 23mpg :) LOL... :drunk:

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 23:14
I have a nice S60 for sale, I get nearly 23mpg :) LOL... :drunk:

If he brought this he could fit his Porsche brakes onto it.:jaw:

dougt5r
Friday 13th October 2006, 05:41
I would fit a set of S60 t5 pistons,they are lighter than 850 ones and can be brought from the dealer etc.As for rods its upto you,if you have the money then go for it, for piece of mind.If you are going to the rods aswell the the SPM rods and Venolia piston combo are pretty popular and reasonably cheap.I would leave the cams unless you can find a set of off a 2.5l 20v 850 cheap.

I dont know, I am still a fan of tried and trued Mahle pistons. But, I've been hearing good thing about the R pistons as well.

volvolised
Friday 13th October 2006, 22:04
if anyone was in my shoes (lucky you) at the mo, what would you do ??, bearing in mind.. The head gasket needs doing, i have a 19T and downpipe ready to fit, believe the '94' 855 t5 has weaker rods and internals so dont want to do all this again, what can i do ?????:confused: i expect to hold onto this car so want to do it right, HELP :rolleyes2

volvolised
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:10
Hi peeps, Thanks for all the replies so far... and sorry for limited response till now ...have been sulking. Anyways have brought/am buying transients pistons, are there any uk suppliers for forged conrods or do i need to cross the pond ??

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:13
Hi peeps, Thanks for all the replies so far... and sorry for limited response till now ...have been sulking. Anyways have brought/am buying transients pistons, are there any uk suppliers for forged conrods or do i need to cross the pond ??

Mate, are you doing this yourself??? - If so, you gotta let me help :)

Those pistons are oversized arnt they, that means you will need a rebore ???

Sounds like a fun build.

volvolised
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:19
Hey dreads was gonna pm you in a bit, yeah all gonna cost but i wanna do it once and make the most of the 19T without the worry. give us a call sometime :B_steerin

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:23
Hey dreads was gonna pm you in a bit, yeah all gonna cost but i wanna do it once and make the most of the 19T without the worry. give us a call sometime :B_steerin

I'll call you tommorow evening if thats ok :)

dreadly
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:27

Seen as somebody said you are loaded or 'wedged' then why not investigate a hybrid turbo and go for the realms of 500+ bhp ???
And no, you cannot have the hybrid turbo off my Touran. Anyway, it's probably too small.