PDA

View Full Version : How low is a T5R ????

chrjen
Thursday 12th October 2006, 11:27
How much lower than standard T5 are these cars ??

Some have told me 22 mm others 30 mm.

The reason Im asking is, im wondering how much lower does the car get if one puts an Eibach or HR sport spring kit on the beast..

I don't want a guess - I want the official numbers..:mischievo

kindest,
Chris

The Flying Banana
Thursday 12th October 2006, 11:44
It doesnt matter,

The spring is set so the spring seat to body will be sitting on say a 40 mm shorter spring so the car will sit 40mm lower...if you are lowered 22 mm then you will sit 18 mm closer to ground or 10mm if it is 30mm lowered, irrespective of what the factory setting is you will have a car that is sitting on a spring that seats the car closer to the chassis by 40mm ..i am thinking 40mm is the lowest spring i have seen

fraz13
Thursday 12th October 2006, 11:57
This is where my dilema starts, I want my car lower BUT......

I heard that a T5 is 30mm lower than a standart Volvo and the R is 20mm lower again, This makes 50mm (see a can count) so in theory my car would be raised 10mm if I put a 40mm kit on it.....

I know that the kit will be a T5 so basically a 40mm kit should drop mine by 20mm..... Every lowered T5 actually looks higher than mine.....

Coilovers are the only way forward as far as I can see.......

Cant please some people huh lol

The Flying Banana
Thursday 12th October 2006, 12:11
Fraz .... I think it’s the other way around mate ..the T5 is 20 mm lower than standard and the R is 30 mm lower than standard so the R is 10mm lower than the T5 so by fitting 40mm springs you will have a car lowered by 10mm more than it is just now !!!

chrjen
Thursday 12th October 2006, 12:14
I actually don't car about the lowering in mm. If I measure the distance from the ground to my wheelarche on my standard T5R - how much lower will this car stand if i put a 30mm lowering kit on ??

The Flying Banana
Thursday 12th October 2006, 12:19
The springs may have been changed so the only real way of seeing is to find out if the springs are original..if details are anything to go by and R sits 30 mm lower and you replace it with 30mm drop spring it will sit .....the same !! Go for the 40 mm and then it will sit just slightly lower than stock but will be firmer etc

chrjen
Thursday 12th October 2006, 12:37
This means, that if i bought a lowering kit from HR which says 30 mm lower, my car will be the exact same???

Im actually not looking for lowering, just new springs, as mine have been on the car from new app. 320.000 km by now...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Flying Banana
Thursday 12th October 2006, 12:42
Chances are then your springs are tired and by putting fresh taught springs on it might sit a couple of MM higher but dont think that would be too much of a compromise compared to how it will handle