PDA

View Full Version : Bills and more bills on there way

lance
Wednesday 11th October 2006, 14:15
Last month saw me replace my discs and pads all round, I then replaced both front tyres, and the balance was truely awfull, so I went back to try a bit of a swap round only to discover a nail in the side of the rear tyre , so two new rear tyres and 3 of my 5 are buckled with living in speed hump ville and pot holes curbs etc.
Anyway my ride is truely nasty and im hoping to visit Nads for 3 titans later this week which will allow for mine to be re rolled and refurbed!
Also I have an oil leak which started recently from the front of the engine, but the pcv system is fine, its only using 1/4 litre per 1000 miles at the moment but these things have a habbit of getting worse quicker.
Now when she s warm @ tickover on braking the revs drops to around 4-500 rpm before settling back to around 850-900rpm.
Also my ABS tracks light been coming on intermittantly so I can see a wobbly resolder on the cards!
Apart from that she still flys and stops well to but Im getting a bit fed up and needed a rant!
I spouse I cant grumble to much after 166k and 40 of those under my foot!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 11th October 2006, 18:12
I know how your feeling Lance. Seemed that everytime I fixed something on mine the next thing broke, 4 new tyres, new track rod end, 2 wheel bearings, new front and rear pads and discs later and somehow she managed to pass her MOT - we still have issues but I am ignoring them now in the hope that they will go away LOL :mad111:

x

T5ER
Wednesday 11th October 2006, 18:24
LOL i must be lucky as VIMTO is now sold and looks like LUNATIC wont be long b4 it`s gone so no more money spending for a while,well untill i get my next 1 anyway.Now what to have

Vikingxl
Wednesday 11th October 2006, 18:38
Tell ne about it i had two new tyres last week,new wipers today and now a lovely court fine plus costs with no job i need an attractive single female lottery winner to take me on as an odd job man

lance
Thursday 12th October 2006, 10:26
Oh I forgot to mention on the second set of tyres I hit a nastly pot hole in a deep puddle and 2 miles up the road flat, massive hole in the side wall! So 5 tyres in a month, Doh!
Cheers for the replies folks it's nice to know im not the only one!

t5owner
Thursday 12th October 2006, 10:58
Don`t get me started as mines not even on the road

Added it all up the other day and then fell on the floor in total shock

The car cost me £3200 back in february and to return it to what it should be plus replace some parts that are known to fail as well as all the other bits is gonna cost me

£2900

And that doesn`t include 80k service inc cambelt , Rica or the new exhaust

But then its my choice to do it and i`ve saved plenty in labour as i`m doing all the work bar the last 3 items myself

Cheers

stuart