PDA

View Full Version : MBC Valve Fitted

steveT5
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:16
Got a cheap MBC valve from Ha**ords yesterday £16.99.
Am i impressed or what !!!! Thanks to Duane's instructions on another thread it took just 15 min to fit. We are now boosting to and holding exactly 1 bar (Frightened to go any higher) as opposed to 0.6 bar previously. The difference in acceleration is amazing for such a low cost mod.
Got into a bit of a drag race with a new focus RS on our local dual carriageway, did he get passed ??? NO !!! He never even acnowledged me. Whats wrong with these people ? They expect to wipe the floor with everything they come up against.
Be gracious in defeat thats what i say ! :thewave:

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:31
Got a cheap MBC valve from Ha**ords yesterday £16.99.
Am i impressed or what !!!! Thanks to Duane's instructions on another thread it took just 15 min to fit. We are now boosting to and holding exactly 1 bar (Frightened to go any higher) as opposed to 0.6 bar previously. The difference in acceleration is amazing for such a low cost mod.
Got into a bit of a drag race with a new focus RS on our local dual carriageway, did he get passed ??? NO !!! He never even acnowledged me. Whats wrong with these people ? They expect to wipe the floor with everything they come up against.
Be gracious in defeat thats what i say ! :thewave:

Glad you happy with your purchase.

Just remember to keep an eye on the boost cos the only drawback with MBC's is they are influenced by ambient temps.

i.e. if you set it to a Bar on a hot day then the weather gets cold the cooler denser air can cause overboost situation and being your dead on a Bar you may find yourself hitting the ignition cut on some days, also watch for spikes below 3000 rpms if you like your rods.

Steve