PDA

View Full Version : Rica/remap etc info

mavv
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:51
I am wanting to get my car booked in for a remap soon.

Found a few places ranging from £350-£550 for about same gains 30-40bhp..

Now rica?? Is it a live map or replacement chip? how much does it cost? and what gains can I expect on my T4?

And info appreciated guys.

Nathlm
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:52
How old is your car?

mavv
Thursday 12th October 2006, 17:28

Neilly
Friday 13th October 2006, 23:32
:yikes: :D Hope your gonna geez a blast when it's done

Nathlm
Saturday 14th October 2006, 08:29
Adam needs to answer as I am not sure with that year? Why don't you pm Adam

Andrew
Saturday 14th October 2006, 09:02
Adam needs to answer as I am not sure with that year? Why don't you pm Adam

I believe, and I could be wrong so as Nat says PM Adam, that the standard map for a 98 car is a rewrite of the chip (chip comes out, it's flashed and replaced). Nearly undetectable etc Newer ones are live and done through the OBDII port.

Andrew.

Enigma666
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:05
Had my 98 T4 done (played with the dog for like 2 hours) and got 35bhp increase and one hel of a ride home...
Just do it!!! you won't be dissapointed

Storm-Troll
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:10
does anyone know of anywhere in the south that could re map mine?, been wantin to get it done, but thought I would see if anyone can recommend anywhere first before I go searchin??
Cheers

Nathlm
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:19
does anyone know of anywhere in the south that could re map mine?, been wantin to get it done, but thought I would see if anyone can recommend anywhere first before I go searchin??
Cheers

go onto our website and click dealers - that should pin point the nearest one to you!

Nat

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 22:22
With a bit of luck I'll be getting my S70 remaped next week. Actually getting a standard remap initially once the car has been checked over. So pulling out the ECU and posting it to Adam. When I've some more cash and more importantly time I'll go down to have it custom tuned.

Ac.

mavv
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 00:51
whats the web addy?

Really wanting this done soon...

I will PM adam and ask aswell..

Ideas on prices?

Nathlm
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 01:03
www.volvotuninguk.com

mavv
Monday 23rd October 2006, 06:17
emailed a few days ago now and no reply yet...

They have a place in Glasgow but not sure if they can do mine as I remember somebody saying I would have to go to Birmingham or that???Bit of a treck...I can't be arsed going to RStuning in Leeds either too far away..Surely there is somebody in the whole of Scotland other than Dastek that can remap my car!!!:cussing:

volvotuning
Monday 23rd October 2006, 09:38
emailed a few days ago now and no reply yet...

They have a place in Glasgow but not sure if they can do mine as I remember somebody saying I would have to go to Birmingham or that???Bit of a treck...I can't be arsed going to RStuning in Leeds either too far away..Surely there is somebody in the whole of Scotland other than Dastek that can remap my car!!!:cussing:

When and to which address did you send the email? The Scottish place can indeed do the upgrade.

Adam.

mavv
Tuesday 24th October 2006, 11:30
Got the reply now cheers mate, was off the site I sent the email..

hopefully will get it booked into Glasgow soon..:D