PDA

View Full Version : Green triangle with upside down v ( HELP )

rodders850T5
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:08
Finally got my T5 back from the body shop so i treated her to a loverly tank of shell vplus and off i went killing tarmac.
Unfortunately my fun was put to a ****ty end when one of my jubilee clips came off a turbo hose ( rubbish ) the only problem is that a light has come one and hell i don't know what it is or should i worry.
It is next to the service light and is an amber square with a green triangle and an upside down v in it....
Please help:cry:
:thewave:

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:12
lambda light,
probly came on cos the pipe came of,
it probly wont come on tomorow when you start it up as it will know its all ok again,,,asumeing you reconnected the pipe,

rodders850T5
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:15
lambda light,
probly came on cos the pipe came of,
it probly wont come on tomorow when you start it up as it will know its all ok again,,,asumeing you reconnected the pipe,
Nice one mate i was panicking then:doh:
I have put new clips on all round now so i can play again soon...CHEERS:rolling_e

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:16
That light I have had that on my R few months back,,
thats the light of all evil,,,, its the Saftey shut down light, It means you need to plug into the OBEII and get code checked,, With mine, when it came on,, the car computer shut off my turbo and put the car into saftey mode,, I was drivin Turboless,,EKKKKKKKKKKKKK...
But thats what it is, its called the ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LIGHT....

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:18
the light comes on if there is a fuel or electronics problem,
your light came on cos the big gasp it had from the pipe coming off,
when you run it again it should all be back to normal & the light will go out,
problem solved lol

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:21
And if that fails,, you can always disconnect the battery,, that will stop the light coming on..................... ok....go on,,, go on,,, abuse me now,,, I can take it...lol

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:24
pmsl

rodders850T5
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:05
cheers boys, will let you know tomoz

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:06
God, what does it take to get some abuse around here...lol

im off to play me Take that album,,,,,,:buttkick:

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:09
take that ..........now thats asking for abuse lol

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:24
:bow_kneel lol... Im waiting??????????????????

t5 stealth
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:28
my mum warned me about men like you lol

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 23:32
Honnest, Im safe on sundays...... I think. even more so when the lights are Red....lol

rodders850T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:01
its still on and i dont know what to do can anyone help???

Storm-Troll
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:18
you either need to go to a garage and let them plug it in and cancel it,, or a little trick I was taught by a mechanic friend of mine that works on the 850 but not the S or V 70s.. , it worked on my 850 T5... put key in ignition, in the off position, put your finger on the mileometer button, push it in as if you wanna zero the miles,, keep it held in, and while held in, turn the ignition on so all the dash lights come on but dont start the engine,, leave the ignition on, and keep the mile button pushed and hold for 12 ish seconds,,,, the light on the lanbda sensor should go out,, then turn ignition of Voila..... this is a trick not many people except mechanics with the manual book will know, but it worked on mine when the light was always on. let me know how you get on,, FULL OF USLESS CRAP ME.....not just a pretty face and a sexy car....lol

rodders850T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:47
Hi mate cheers for ya help but it is still on after trying that several times.
Do you know jow much it will cost at a garage..???

dicky b t5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:47
Ain't that the way, you reset the Service light...??:funkybana

rodders850T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:49
arr I have a way of getting that off. I might try that tommorow..

richeeroo
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:03
Hi, hose blew off mine in exactly the same way and was left with the dreaded Lambda light on so i disconnected the battery overnight and by the morning when i reconnected it the light had gone never to return, only you will need to re enter the radio code !
Hope this helps, Rich.

rodders850T5
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:05
Hi, hose blew off mine in exactly the same way and was left with the dreaded Lambda light on so i disconnected the battery overnight and by the morning when i reconnected it the light had gone never to return, only you will need to re enter the radio code !
Hope this helps, Rich.

Thanks rich i will give it a go...:uglyhamme

The Flying Banana
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:21
That lambda light reset doesnt work anyway..i have had codes read and no codes are evident but light continues to stay on !!!!

rodders850T5
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:53
Lads thanks for the help but it just went off on its own today.
Thank you boys

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:56
Ain't that the way, you reset the Service light...??:funkybana

slap my thigh,, your right Dicky,, i was thinkin about the wrong light,, that works for the service light,, still, at least his lambda light is out now....:saythat:

rodders850T5
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:57
yes and im happy again...

t5 stealth
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:58
i told you it would go out
lol

rodders850T5
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:59
cheers