PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with my volvo?

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 28th October 2004, 08:57
hello everyone,

just got to my last night,and there was a warning light on the dashboard,and it has stayed on ever since.

it says in the manual,engine management system!if this light is on the exhaust gases might be faulty or something like that.

can anyone help,if it has happended to your volvo,could you tell me what do do.rang a few garages and they just scare you with information,like the engine is going to cease if you dont do anthing about it.

thanks

henry sharpe.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th October 2004, 09:17
You are in luck. Nottingham is home to one of the best independants in the country. Justin will have the number. First off you will need the error codes read. Most commonly it will either be an airleak, a MAF sensor fault or a 02 sensor fault.

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 28th October 2004, 09:32
you are talking to somebody who knows nothing,

but its about £20.00 to get the errors read,which is alright.

i was wondering if its worth doing,because other people on the site said it seems to happen quite often,the light coming on and staying on.

has it ever happended to you?

how much did it cost

henry :tank:

Kent Canary
Thursday 28th October 2004, 10:08
Ibe had mine come on twice in the past couple of months. Each time its the o2 sensor, which I will eventually change.

You can get it cleared, it may come back, it may never come back, but I personally got it checked and removed because I dont like to see the light come up on the dashsboard.

It reminds me there might be something wrong! Hopefully, like mine, it will be intermittent and minor.

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 28th October 2004, 10:15
cheers mate,that makes me feel a bit better, it just paniced me,i only got the car last thursday,and this light flashes up,thanks again

i will probably,get it checked and removed.

henry

Justin
Thursday 28th October 2004, 11:54
:welcome:

The upside down Y in orange and green is the management light, it could be something as small as an air leak, or a dodgy sensor, what year is your car mate?

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 28th October 2004, 16:15
JUST DROVE MY CAR,AND THE LIGHT HAS JUST DISSAPEARED,HOW STRANGE IS THAT?

HAS THAT HAPPENDED TO ANY OF YOU GUYS?

ANYWAY,HOPEFULLY IT WON'T COME ON AGAIN,THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
THOUGH.

HENRY :wizardtro :wizardtro

Justin
Thursday 28th October 2004, 16:21
Yes it does that if the ecu compensates the fault and or the fault has gone, may have been overboost or even bad fuel!!!

Great news though :wink: