PDA

View Full Version : S/V40s

Benji
Monday 9th October 2006, 01:26
Does anyone rate them as i have been looking into these as well, and seen a few nice ones about

Titch
Monday 9th October 2006, 18:59
I have an S40 T4 mate and i think they are great cars. my one has been a gem and has only needed new discs and pads all round recently and a few other small bits and bobs which is not bad for a car which has now done 120,000 miles. Apart from servicing and MOTs it has really not cost me anything over the past two years

2volvos
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 13:58
We've had a 99T V40 2.0T from new and have had absolutely no trouble with it in all of its 137k miles. In standard form I've found it to be reasonably quick for 'everyday' use, but it definitely improved a lot with the front strut brace I recently fitted.

It has been a very versatile and usefully sized car for us (with two children under 6) and has performed very well on fully loaded holidays touring France, the daily commute into Birmingham (and for a while down to Newbury) and the odd track day as well (photos at http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/2volvos/). Only with a third baby on the way have we recently up-sized to a V70, but wanted another Volvo purely on the basis of how good the 40 had been for us. We've kept the 40 as well as the value we'd get for it would no way go to cover the cost of an equivalently equipped and performing replacement....

The only thing I would want improved is the traction, especially in the wet, so if you can stretch to a traction controlled T4, I would.

Benji
Sunday 15th October 2006, 01:37
cheers just put a bid on a 2000 plate V40 T4 in silver, with all the trimmings