PDA

View Full Version : I understand why people do a stage zero now!

thetroublemaker
Sunday 8th October 2006, 20:53
The piccies say it all.......

http://utopiaaudio.co.uk/dave/IMGP0022%20(Medium).JPG

http://utopiaaudio.co.uk/dave/IMGP0023%20(Medium).JPG

http://utopiaaudio.co.uk/dave/IMGP0024%20(Medium).JPG

http://utopiaaudio.co.uk/dave/IMGP0025%20(Medium).JPG

GregE102
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:04
Big difference then? and in what performance or fuel or both

thetroublemaker
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:33
smoother performing.

only done 4 miles since so cannot say on performance - i "think" its faster but the difference seems to be down low more than up high.

Vikingxl
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:38
Nice one great piccys showing the before and after as well

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:49
Cor blimey,are you using a high definition camera. Looks like i'm there with you,the pics are that good.

MattB
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:52
I could probably do with changing my leads and cap etc. Might help with the lower end pick-up.
Can you get hold of these parts Mike? - If so, what make would they be?

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:00
I could probably do with changing my leads and cap etc. Might help with the lower end pick-up.
Can you get hold of these parts Mike? - If so, what make would they be?

Shouldn't be a problem Matt, the make would be Quinten hazel.A big big big worldwide company who's products are made to o.e. spec as a minimum.Give me a ring at work on 01202 894080.

Tosh
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:00
I too carried out a stage 0 this weekend and have to report the dizzy and rotor arm I removed looked just like that!I'm planning to have the car RICA'd this week, so the work should hopefully pay dividends. Nice old and new shots.

MattB
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:07
Shouldn't be a problem Matt, the make would be Quinten hazel.A big big big worldwide company who's products are made to o.e. spec as a minimum.Give me a ring at work on 01202 894080.
Thanks Mike, I'll try and drop in soon.

arbee
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:10
i've got a dizzy cap and arm sitting at home - REALLY must get round to doing them!

Russell
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:53
Mikes T5R I need to do this too, im away to Hong Kong this week but will give you a call when I get back to get something sorted if possible.

M44K TS
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:59
Cor blimey,are you using a high definition camera. Looks like i'm there with you,the pics are that good.

I'm guessing Macro mode?

back to the stage 0, mine hasn't had the rotor arm and cap replaced since i boought it, are they good for more than 22k miles?

thetroublemaker
Monday 9th October 2006, 02:54
The camera is actually a cheapie!

Its a Pentax Optio W10 which is a waterproof 6mp jobbie. bought for mucking about by the pool with missus and the like on the hols. They were on macro mode yes. I would recommend it.

Back on topic - its a bit of a fiddly job as you need to take the airbox off and the main turbo pipe, took about an hour including carefully arranging all the HT's onto the new cap and gapping the plugs etc.

I would say its a £50 job very well spent and should allow the car to benefit fully from its tuning when i get around to it.

Andrew
Monday 9th October 2006, 07:25
I agree with you - well spent monday a stage 0 is....

madleee
Thursday 12th October 2006, 09:05
Ordered my rotor and dizzy cap from PFVO.
I understand that these are not changed because access is awkward.

What is a ballpark figure for length of time for a competent DIYer?

I usually change plug leads but baulked when i saw a price of around £70!

mazza
Thursday 12th October 2006, 09:17
its not that bad to do its just the bottom srew on the dizzy cap thats a pain in the arse....bout half an hour mine took,but thats with me going "oooow whats that over there" and starting something else!!!!im crap like that,get bored to easy....

Justin
Thursday 12th October 2006, 09:29
If you completely remove the airbox it should take 30 minutes max and allows good access :)

MattB
Thursday 12th October 2006, 17:48
smoother performing.

only done 4 miles since so cannot say on performance - i "think" its faster but the difference seems to be down low more than up high.
Did you do the leads as well or just the cap and arm? :wink:

Niles
Thursday 12th October 2006, 18:14
i did my (takes a deep breath.....) dizzy cap, dizzy arm, oil, oil filter, plugs, leads, added sum slick 50, drained the water system, replaced the air filter. Made the car smoother, quieter & more squeekanomical. Best £60 spent.

thunderace
Thursday 12th October 2006, 18:16
If you completely remove the airbox it should take 30 minutes max and allows good access :)

just done mine (plugs, leads, arm, cap), took me 30mins to sort out the airbox! lol