PDA

View Full Version : Nurbergring

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 15:33
Who would be up for a trip to "The Ring" probably been asked before but i am well up for this and i know a load of other mates are too.

T5ER
Sunday 8th October 2006, 15:37
not for me mate costs would be over £500+ for me

welshboy
Sunday 8th October 2006, 16:18
I would consider it. Been thinking about for along time, but with being a builder work as always come first. But would love to go.

tony

Andrew
Sunday 8th October 2006, 16:42
I believe it was TDS who goes each year. He says a weekend costs around £600 which is a big chunk. That said. I think it's something that everyone into cars should do at least once. I would be interested in knowing more but I'm not committing yet.

Ac.

thunderace
Sunday 8th October 2006, 16:56
I can't say I'm a fanatic, but I have been once in a car and a few times on a bike.
Yes, I would agree that it should be experienced at least once in a lifetime. It certainly is very different to road driving or track days in the UK.
But it is horrendously expensive to do on a regular basis. But just the once.... not so bad. :)
The time I went in a car, it cost around £475. But that was 6 or 7 years ago now.
If you have the time and money...GO FOR IT!

T-5ones
Sunday 8th October 2006, 17:37
Would love to experience it at sometime but not got the time, money, track experience or proper gear on the "family car" to go round the ring. One day though!

S60D5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:00
I think you wouldn't get many people able to commit on this forum.

Mainly 'cos essentially, to most, the Volvo is a family car which also is a bit quick. Most on here are henpecked husbands possibly with 2.4 kids (or is it 2.3 these days?), a mortgage and a job with not enough holiday!

If you ask on some of the other more 'general' forums, (Tyresmoke, Pistonheads) etc you'd probably get more of a positive response as most guys/gals are proper enthusiasts with some serious machinery.

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:08
was just asking the question

welshboy
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:19
Well. I would still consider it. I dont think £500-£600 is alot for something i have always wanted to do.

I do agree. A volvo is a family car, But it can also be used for the odd fun day out as well.

Got a 8 week exstensation on at moment. Would consider it after that. Well, as long as i get paid.

tony

Andrew
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:22
Mainly 'cos essentially, to most, the Volvo is a family car which also is a bit quick. Most on here are henpecked husbands possibly with 2.4 kids (or is it 2.3 these days?), a mortgage and a job with not enough holiday!

My god ....

How dare you sir...

How dare you forget my black lab - max ?

Tomcat
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:37
ROTFLMAO.....How dare you!!, I resemble that remark!!!

Tomcat
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:39
Most on here are henpecked husbands possibly with 2.4 kids (or is it 2.3 these days?), a mortgage and a job with not enough holiday!

If you ask on some of the other more 'general' forums, (Tyresmoke, Pistonheads) etc you'd probably get more of a positive response as most guys/gals are proper enthusiasts with some serious machinery.

Sounds to me that your speaking from personal experience, as for the serious machinery thing, are you saying a T5 isn't serious enough to go around the ring??

S60D5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:56
Sounds to me that your speaking from personal experience, as for the serious machinery thing, are you saying a T5 isn't serious enough to go around the ring??

No.

I'm saying a Volvo T5 is essentially a family car which happens to be pretty quick................. But most owners on this board have a family to consider too and most probably don't spend nearly every penny on their cars. A stereotype of the brand, if you like.

Compare that to 'other' forums for example such as fchat or pistonheads where often the members either scrimp and save to keep their Aston or Ferrari on the road and pay the price in other areas of their life, or very wealthy people indeed who can chuck £5k at a week around Europe without really thinking.

A number of attempts have been made in the past to organise a 'Europe' trip, but most people weren't interested for various reasons, usually financial or family commitments.

S60D5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 20:01
Sounds to me that your speaking from personal experience,

PS. I'm an early 20's student with plenty of time on my hands! :banana:

Tomcat
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:18
ROTFLMAO.....How dare you!!, I resemble that remark!!!

I do resemble that remark and I know what your saying, financial matters are very important to me, I can't just chuck away £600 for a weekend away. Given loads of notice maybe(i.e. a year), but as I have more important things to spend it on at present it's not a viable idea for me at present.

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:25
was thinking more like 2 years as next year i am getting married (family commitment lol and financial) and Mr S60D5 i too am in my early 20's although not a student,

i only asked the question as i am going to do this whatever happens just wanted to know if anyone else was up for it, didnt want to start a debate

Tomcat
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:27
Appologies I wasn't getting upset, brains not working right tonight(probably lack of beer),.

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:30
lol know that feeling, this is somthing i have wanted to do for a while, but due to the car and lack of cash i couldnt

Storm-Troll
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:37
Would love to get my R on the track, but Drivin a 44 ton truck all day,, I can never get the time off in time for stuff or work cancells time off at last min,, SO it would be hard.... Wont a lap of the M25 surfice....lol???
Might not be as QUick in rush our trafffic,, but think of the Petrol you would save doin 5MPH..lol

T5SLAVE
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:46
was thinking more like 2 years as next year i am getting married (family commitment lol and financial) and Mr S60D5 i too am in my early 20's although not a student,

i only asked the question as i am going to do this whatever happens just wanted to know if anyone else was up for it, didnt want to start a debate

Its amazin where a simple "ask a question" thread can go nowadays eh Benji LOL!

I'd b up 4 a trip 2 the ring m8, as Im not a husband, not a Dad, CAN get the time off work and can usually cover the finances 4 such a jolly...that said, if ur talkin about years down the line I might not even have my T5 then (I get bored rather quick LOL!) so might b joinin ya in (or on) another mode of transport?:rolling_e

In a nutshell tho, Im up4it:D YAY!

Storm-Troll
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:48
If its gonna be years down the line,, and Viking can Fit a Boost guage onto my Zimmer frame,, I will be up for it...

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 23:56
lol turbo zimmer lol

Storm-Troll
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:03
lol turbo zimmer lol

Serious,, I think It would work.....lol

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/Misc/untitled.jpg
:cry:

Benji
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:07
lol lowered, with a rider wing and a set of 8's instead of those puny stock rims she would look proper bo lol

PIMP MY ZIMMER! westwood would be proud lol

Storm-Troll
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:49
lol,,,Now where can I fit the NOS............................lol

Benji
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:52
lol fit it at the front lol good access to turn the bottle on and off lol

Andrew
Monday 9th October 2006, 07:26
Where can I get one of them ?
Do they come in red ?

V8guitar
Monday 9th October 2006, 12:28
As most of you know, I've taken my Volvo before and it was a great experience. Yes its a family car, won't break any records but it was Fab!!

Costs are:
1) Ferry - £65
2) Accomadation - €35 per night
3) Fuel - £200

The only other considerations are insurance and wear and tear.

So, its not quite as expensive as mentioned, but yes its chunk of wedge! Its also not just about going round te track but the experience is amazing...I don't know anyone who regrets it!

SO, I am going next year if people want to link up... ( next year now though as there are limited weekends available this year ) although I will be taking my new baby!