PDA

View Full Version : Question about S70 Dashboard Light Bulbs.

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:15
I want to replace the Bulbs in the Dashboard that light up everything that you see at night,, I took a bulb out today to check what ones i need, but I want to replace them with the Blue bulbs so all my panels glow Blue matching my Sony Head unit,, I have driven around for 4 hours today round north london trying to find somewhere that sells them,, but no luck,,, DOes anyone know a website I can find them so I can order them and have them Delivered as im out of Ideas,,,
Thanks Guys....

Connor.....:thewave:

T5ER
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:17
I want to replace the Bulbs in the Dashboard that light up everything that you see at night,, I took a bulb out today to check what ones i need, but I want to replace them with the Blue bulbs so all my panels glow Blue matching my Sony Head unit,, I have driven around for 4 hours today round north london trying to find somewhere that sells them,, but no luck,,, DOes anyone know a website I can find them so I can order them and have them Delivered as im out of Ideas,,,
Thanks Guys....

Connor.....:thewave:
Viking is the 1 to ask about all things blue,he will guide you

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:19
ok, thanks, will send him a message.........

Vikingxl
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:28
Scary stormhawk7 you are 4 days younger than me lol.I have pmed you back mate.Now wheres that first beer?

BlackBeast
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:30
Mine has been Viking'd :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/Volvo/IMG_0056.jpg

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:33
Black beast,, now thats what im talkin about,, I need those bulbs,,gimmi gimmi...lol
I want to do the speedo cluster and the aircon cluster, and the door window buttons if they can be got at,, but I spent 4 bloody hours drivin round tryin to find themm,, no luck,,, viking is gonna help me out,,, hopefully I can get it done,,,

Vikingxl
Saturday 7th October 2006, 21:19
Window switches are the easiest of the lot,do not worry stormhawk we will get you sorted and ive made space in my pm box now as well sorry

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 21:22
lol.. i found some of the 194 led bulbs that i need, on a US website, but they wont bloody ship outside the US....lol

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 21:22
My name is Connor by the way, but feel free to call me Storm or Connor either is cool

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 21:29
I took out the sunroof switch light bulb earlier to see what it was like,, they are the fiddley ones you have to put hte wires through and twist them round the end of the plastic plugs..lol.. my god,, have i got to thread them through and twist all of them for each switch...lol

Storm-Troll
Saturday 7th October 2006, 22:17
Just found and ordered some, found a place in london,, thought you guys might like to check out the site. has some good stuff on there,, plus everything is free uk delivery..

http://www.ragingspeed.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=141

JO5EPH
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:31
Might be a bit late but...

...Glass paint?

A mate of mine did some of his dash bulbs in blue and they lasted a couple years until he sold the car and I presume they're still ok.

Get some from your local art/craft shop :D

Storm-Troll
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:35
:troutslap Cheers,, I dont think they would have been bright enough, SO im having everything taken out and replaced with high density blue LED.s,,
More warp speed scotty,, need more speed................lol

Vikingxl
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:37
Jo5eph i tried glass paint but the bulbs dont have the power to shine through the green tinge thats already there.

JO5EPH
Monday 9th October 2006, 12:24
Ah right, my mate might have used 'cheapo' effort or a watered-down version then!

scooby555
Monday 9th October 2006, 17:16
www.ultraleds.co.uk

not sure if thats any good to u

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th October 2006, 00:08
Just got my New Tripple head blue LEDs through today,, my god,,, Even the Aliens on mars put their sunglasses on,,,