PDA

View Full Version : T5 of the road

nobananas
Saturday 7th October 2006, 14:57
Well the T5 is officially off the road as from midnight pending a forthcoming engine rebuild, gearbox swap, a/c evapourator change and anything else I can find ! Quite upsetting really as it still drives perfectly just uses oil ! As from midnight (insurance is changed over) me and the missus have to fight over who has to drive the Clio diesel that I've bought as a temporary replacement........can't wait !:cry:

BlackBeast
Saturday 7th October 2006, 15:05
Buy spesh's 850 t5 engine in the for sale section and thats half the battle won, no need for a rebuild, just throw it in there. Then, put your old engine up for sale on the forum/ebay/adtrader etc.

nobananas
Saturday 7th October 2006, 15:19
Just seen that BB and it's tempting ! Trouble is my engine runs sweet as a nut and only burns oil if left at idle for 5-6 mins or so. Only a compression test showed a problem on number 4 cylinder. What guarantee would I have that Spesh's one doesn't have a similar problem. I'm in no way saying here that Spesh would sell a duff engine but I thought the lump in mine was perfect and it was just the turbo that was shagged until I compression tested it ! The point I'm making is better the devil etc !

BlackBeast
Saturday 7th October 2006, 15:34
I see what you mean mate, i cant answer that one about spesh's engine, i think thats one for him to answer.

T-5ones
Saturday 7th October 2006, 16:49
From what I remembered about you paying not too much for the clio, you could always buy another one!

:hidesbehi

nobananas
Saturday 7th October 2006, 17:45
'tis true. I am hoping that when the ovlov's fixed I can get back the price of the repairs flogging said Clio :B_thumb: (this of course is dependant on niece's, sister in laws, etc not finding out and hoping to get it off me for nowt !)

pookie
Sunday 8th October 2006, 01:14
If you haven't already got your parts for your air-con repair, Euro Car Parts have got an air-con offer on at the moment. Receiver / dryers £25-00 condensers £80-00 ish . Don't know the price of evaporators.

Pookie

nobananas
Sunday 8th October 2006, 12:06
Had a new evapourator sitting in a box on top of my wardrobe for about a year now ! Been building up the confidence required to remove the dashboard to replace it !