PDA

View Full Version : K & N Shhhhhhhhhh???

chalky
Saturday 7th October 2006, 08:10
Ok i decided to get a K&N 57i induction kit after some of you suggested it made some pretty sexy noises gulping down all that air!! Got mine yesterday so its now on but to my suprise no roaring typhoon air ripping just some sort of SHHHHHH type noise!! It sounds like the noise you would get from a dump valve if it had a cold! (im mainly getting it during gearchange/load off!).
Do i need to keep the air metering unit inline either? as this could be removed!
One last thing when i fitted a bleed valve to my turbo i cut it in between the actuater and some electric sensor/valve??? that has three tubes going to it, one going off to the air intake! So i left the tube going to the air intake and connected to the other two, sound right???? It goes well enough and makes lots of whistling turbo noises! any way essay over
cheers
Chalky:wtf: :bog:

iGGy
Saturday 7th October 2006, 09:44
I'm afraid you need to keep the MAF exactly where it is.

The noise, well that’s slightly subjective as to how much 'suck' you get. Taking the bonnet under shield off will let more noise out.

Did you blank the small hose off that goes to the intake? As that's after the MAF, an open hose at that point isn't a good idea.

Rnash2002
Saturday 7th October 2006, 10:11
See here for fitting manual boost controler http://volvospeed.com/Mods/dawes_mbc.htm

irf
Saturday 7th October 2006, 11:07
One last thing when i fitted a bleed valve to my turbo i cut it in between the actuater and some electric sensor/valve??? that has three tubes going to it, one going off to the air intake! So i left the tube going to the air intake and connected to the other two, sound right???? It goes well enough and makes lots of whistling turbo noises! any way essay over
cheers
Chalky:wtf: :bog:

dunno about the induction kit but for the dawes device, thats the way i done it.i found this diagram helpful.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/irf200/mbcinstallation.jpg\

the blue one goes to the intake which is blocked off(on the intake side) and the other two are connected together.hth

volvolised
Thursday 12th October 2006, 22:46
to my suprise no roaring typhoon air ripping just some sort of SHHHHHH type noise!!
Hi chalky, might be surprised but a cheap 'grin factor' £25 upgrade is the poly top mount bush (parts for volvo) def puts some engine noise in the cab, i dont even hear my cone filter anymore. well good !!

rodders850T5
Saturday 14th October 2006, 19:43
i havent got a blue pipe on mine . should i.?????
and my yellow one has the bleed valve on it is that o.k?????

chalky
Saturday 14th October 2006, 20:55
i havent got a blue pipe on mine . should i.?????
and my yellow one has the bleed valve on it is that o.k?????

Rodders
fit your bleed valve between the green and yellow pipes missing out the sensor!!! then block up the blue one going to the air intake! you will then have total control of boost pressure!(dont go to mad with it though!!)
I knows me can nics me(thanx VPUK members!!):thewave:

rodders850T5
Saturday 14th October 2006, 21:41
nice one cheers but if i miss the sensor out will it still read on the dash or is that a differant part???

chalky
Saturday 14th October 2006, 21:45
Didnt on mine mate should be fine!

M44K TS
Saturday 14th October 2006, 23:02
the sshhhh noise will be the standard fit recirc valve

chalky
Sunday 15th October 2006, 21:12
Have now fitted the two flexi pipes that come with the kit(aswell as keeping the original intake that went to airbox!) blowing nicely onto the cone hopefully see some sort of results with this coldish foggy mornings we are getting now!!!

rodders850T5
Thursday 19th October 2006, 21:30
Mate just a little word of advice..
Take it off as they lose more power than gain and they **** up your air flow meter.....
If you want an after market filter get something like a viper so you don't suck hot air in...

rodders850T5
Thursday 19th October 2006, 21:31
Any one know the price of a T19 and where to get one?????