PDA

View Full Version : Standard Hu603 Stereo

Kings S60 T5
Friday 6th October 2006, 21:32
Not sure if im posting this in the appropriate section, apologies if its wrong, does anyone know if it is possible to make it so you can watch the television whilst driving when you have the RTI package coupled to the HU603 stereo? not for my benefit, but for my passengers on long journeys, as I always seem to be the one driving because of the S60!!
I know it is illegal to have a television on whilst the car is moving which is why volvo make it so the picture blue goes at anything above a crawl.

Has anyone tried this?

I thought there must be connection to the speedo, to indicate when the speed has hit that magical 3mph! so it blue screens, but i don't want to pull anything out that may have any link to the sat nav.

Any ideas

Cheers

Kings

Bigpunter
Sunday 8th October 2006, 20:25
Hi,

You are correct in saying there is a line to the speedo/ecu as with my HU-605 you can get it to display your current speed in KM/H which if for the feature that adjusts the volume the faster/slower you drive etc, ASC I think its called.

However I don't know which wire you could try and remove, but there maybe a menu you can access to disable it. Try googling the HU-603 advanced menus or something similar you may find what your after.

Hope that helps,

Martin

kimbaleeg
Monday 9th October 2006, 17:07
hi mate just an idea the wire you need im sure is what taxi meter is connected too so you could try speaking to volvo asking them where the pickup is for taxi meter or you could try ringing local taxi meter fitters and asking them when i had my s80 they took the speedo clocks out and connected it behind there some where hope this helps

Kings S60 T5
Sunday 15th October 2006, 13:45
Cheers guys I'll give it a try